accident report

Yep... same here in NJ. Heck, I'm sure glad they made sure I could parallel park without dinging another vehicle's bumper or scuffing the curb, before handing me a document that qualified me to operate a 26,000lb vehicle in heavy traffic at 65MPH (well, 55MPH back then) at night.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

redundant statement. :-)

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Just those that fight to reduce sentences.

If it ain't cruel and it ain't unusual, then it ain't punishment.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Tom, there are thousands of ads everyday giving the dangers of operating a vehicle under the influence . . now just how many people OVER 12 do you think have never seen or heard about those dangers?

Since the knowledge is well brodcast, ignorance is no excuse. If the DUI / DWI knows he's going out to get drunk then he knows he could kill someone by driving in that condition. If you know it's a crime and you know you could kill and decide to get wiped out anyway, then as far as I'm concerned, it's a concious decision and you have decided the value of the life of another person (or persons) is of no importance. And that says you though about it and decided to do it.

Now all this thought was done while sober and before the fact. . . . . .

and that is __________________ (fill in the blank)

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Exactly half of them are.... the half that are defense lawyers. The prosecutors are all conservatives.

Reply to
Max Dodge

The scariest part of my first driving test in PA was the three-point turn. I didn't even know what it was and had never done it, but successful completion of the three-point turn was to be the deciding factor on whether or not I could take my car on the highway solo. I passed! The only other times I had to take a test was on my motorcycle in Omaha, where the officer stood in the parking lot and watched me ride the bike

2 blocks away and return without falling off, and then the CDL in TX, which was actually pretty thorough.

JPH

Reply to
JPH

The state trooper made me do my three-point turn twice. He didn't like the way I did it the first time. I was driving my mom's VW Rabbit during my test. Those things can turn in a very tight circle, so I didn't bother stoping and backing up. I just made a u-turn in the stall. He told me I had to at least stop and back up a little bit.

Reply to
Nosey

And there are those same adds talking about the dangers of smoking and they are also ignored. People only see what they want to see.

The sad thing is that it is never this black and white. There are some that think that they can drive as well or better drunk, others that accidentally have 1 too many and don't really feel drunk and neither of these types "know" that they could kill somebody because as far as they are concerned, they can drive just fine and then it is not a conscious choice that they devaluated human life. They were wrong and stupid, but were not going out with the intent to kill and therefor cannot be accused of murder 1.

Reply to
TBone

LOL, sorry to burst your bubble Max but quite a few defense lawyers are conservatives, like just about all of the high priced ones. The only difference between a liberal defense lawyer and a conservative one is their motivation.

Reply to
TBone

Let's try to stay off the extreme.

How about he get's pulled over and is oui, no accident. Does he go to jail?

1st degree murder? WTF are you smoking out there?

What if you have a heart attck and run over somebody? He dies, you survive. By your standard it is 1st degree murder. Bye, bye, Budd

So you are advocating a set schedule of punishment? Drive oui ya get 5 years, involved in a accident 55% at fault, yer down for 1 year. You can't be serious.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Sorry to burst your bubble Tom, but a defense lawyer gets paid to lead the jury away from solid conclusions. Thus he is a liberal. A Prosecutor is paid to uphold the letter of the law, thus a Conservative.

What they do outside the courtroom/practice may be something entirely different, thus why lawyers are so universally hated as being hypocrits or two faced.

But the fact remains... a defense attorney looks to open the range of possibility, a prosecutor seeks to nail one possibility, almost a perfect definition of liberal and conservative.

Reply to
Max Dodge

why not? wreckless endagerment? they would get arrested for the same if they were waving a firearm around and shooting it in the air wouldnt they?

yea i agree murder 1 seems extreem

Reply to
Christopher Thompson

LOL i backed over the curb and still passed

had never tried to parallel park. (there's none in this part of GA in public places)

Reply to
Christopher Thompson

oh you didnt ride in a circle around him between 2 yellow lines? (that was what i had to do along with a panic stop demostation after the circle)

and then the CDL in TX,

Reply to
Christopher Thompson

Ya know, I hadn't looked at them like that, but yep, from personal experience with divorce lawyers, you hit the nail on the head. My lawyer fought conservatively, her's was a bleeding heart liberal . . .and so was the judge.

Yeah, you can guess that outcome from just that.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

The point, Tom, is that if you ignore( break/ think it applies only to other people) the law, you are a criminal. There are no laws concerning smoking and driving.

Actually, it is. If you drive drunk, you break the law. Period. If you kill knowing you're doing it , you break the law. If you refuse to pay your taxes, you break the law.

The only reason for there being any gray areas is liberal defense lawyers, but then they created the civil ( double jeopardy) lawsuit, didn't they?

accidentally

Tom, I did not say, "accidentally", I said, "knowing they would be getting drunk" . . .big difference. What I wrote was a statement of a deliberate, thought out act. Are trying out the part of a liberal defense lawyer now? Keep your spins out.

Actually, anyone that drinks to the point of 0.08 BAC or more is impaired, the military (Navy) told my son that if he had more than 3 beers in a week he was to seek counseling. Does that give you an idea of how serious it is? Tom, do you drink?

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Hahahahaha, you are kidding, right?!?!?! If this was a purly moral world full of completely honest people I might agree but if you believe that to be true... Hell, a few months ago a man was released from prison after serving

7 years for a rape he didn't commit (cleared by DNA evidence) and it was found that the prosecutor had such evidence that could have cleared him and suppressed it. It looks like your prosecutor led the jury away from the actual conclusion here so are you also saying in your typecast BS that conservatives are also liars.

Like I said, it is all based on motivation both in and out of the court. Some are motivated by the idea of giving someone another chance even if they are nothing more than a lowlife scumbag (liberal) while others do it for the big money and could care less about the actual guilt (conservative).

IOW, the liberal is open minded which indicates intelligence while the a conservative is closed minded which tends to be an idiot. At least that is what you said above.

Reply to
TBone

No Budd, your lawyer just sucked.

Reply to
TBone

LOL, you are kidding, right? A gun is a weapon and your comparison is apples to rocks.

Reply to
TBone