Adding the compass/Temp sensor

I have a 97 Ram with the standard overhead console. it has two lights and a pocket where the outside temp/compass could be mounted if it had come with that option. I purchased a new overhead console from ebay that contains the temp and compass display and now have to figure out how to install it. has anyone done this "upgrade" to thier truck? is there a different wiring harness? where is the ambient temp sensor located? is the compass self contained? I can get the wiring harness pulled from the salvaged truck that this part came from for 25 bucks but am not sure if I need it. Any help would be aprreciated.

-Jerry

Reply to
jerrynatlga