additional fuel tank?

i want to add an additional fuel tank to my truck, but due to a slide-in camper i cant use one that fits in the bed. i need an under-bed fuel tank,
the bigger the better. does any such tank exist? id like to be able to drive from montana to north carolina without having to stop for fuel. thanks,
--
Nathan W. Collier
http://UtilityOffRoad.com

btw, my desire is to plumb it into my existing fuel system to be able to switch back and forth from an electric switch in the cab. thanks,
--
Nathan W. Collier
http://UtilityOffRoad.com

I think you really need to dump that thing and buy a Kenworth or Peterbuilt conventional with an extended sleeper. With it's twin stainless steel 200 gallon external tanks, huge dual tires, massive ground clearance, fifth wheel, and 8 wheel drive, you should be set to go ;-)
< snipped-for-privacy@dodgecity.cc> wrote in message

i never mentioned the load i would be carrying with me on the trip. if youve a source for the tank im looking for, i would appreciate it.
--
Nathan W. Collier
http://UtilityOffRoad.com

2,200 miles.... at max GVWR, close to max GCVWR, getting maybe 12MPG - 184 gallons, less the stock 35 gallon tank. You want an additional 150 gallons (and that's with 0 reserve) in an under-bed tank.... that's right about 20 cu.ft. of space. No way in hell can you fit that under your truck.
The best you can hope for is to get a replacement for your stock tank. Transferflow makes a 56 gallon replacement tank. You can then get an aux. tank to go in place of a spare tire (not something I'd recommend, however) to hold about 45 gallons or so... that'll give you 100 gallons (rounding off), letting you make the trip with one fuel stop somewhere in Illinois.
the extra 450lbs. of fuel you'd be carrying over stock is obviously something that needs to be factored in...
You really should get an FL50 :)

ok, is there even a 50 gallon tank i can find to run in addition to my stock tank?

if this is the only way, its better than the 35 gallon tank i have now.
You can then get an aux.

with a 56 gallon replacement tank and a 45 gallon auxiliary tank i could be happy. got any specifics on the auxiliary tank? thanks,
--
Nathan W. Collier
http://UtilityOffRoad.com

Ya' still gotta stop to pee from time to time dontcha'?
;^)
Mike

thats what those 1 liter pepsi bottles are for. :-)
--
Nathan W. Collier
http://UtilityOffRoad.com
"Mellowed" < snipped-for-privacy@newsgroups.com> wrote in message
TBone wrote:

I am looking forward to above zero (32) tempaeratures a week from now rach

nah....the bad side of the state. eastern NC is a welfare cesspool, although western NC is quite beautiful....and the people there actually have real JOBS. :-)
--
Nathan W. Collier
http://UtilityOffRoad.com
Nathan W. Collier wrote:

My relatives came from worse from ireland
http://www.aerotanks.com/dodge.html
[...]

thanks!
--
Nathan W. Collier
http://UtilityOffRoad.com
Nathan W. Collier wrote:

I have a behind the seat gas tank on my parts 74 pickup -- thought it might make an excellent second tank. If you get some good ideas on hooking the two up together let me know -- up 1 hour north of civilization you buy gas and put it in containers on a regular basis just to have enough anyway (when you snow plough for a couple of weeks without a trip near a gas station) rach