Aftermarket Air Cleaners

Page 2 of 3  
SnoMan wrote:


If challanged the burden of proof is on the auto maker to prove that the filter caused the damage. I do agree that it very well could have but the engine warranty is not instantly voided for all claims because of use of a K&N filter. The damage has to be proven to have been caused as a direct result of the filter. That said I would never put a K&N in any auto I own especially since I live where its quite dusty.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
SnoMan wrote:

If more air enters then don't those controls adjust the mixture to match? Are you saying it makes no difference how restrictive or not restrictive an air intake is? Improvements to air intakes can improve performance or mpg but I do agree that a simple drop in filter isn't going to accomplish that.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

What he is saying is that if the air filter allows more air, the system will inject more fuel to keep the mixture the same so while you may produce more power at a given throttle position, it will not improve efficiency and therefore, no improvement in mileage. Changes to the air intake can improve efficiency which would improve mileage as well.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
TBone wrote:

Great. Then we'll choke the air off which results in less fuel being used, same mixture and no change in mpg right?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Up to a point, that would be pretty much correct.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
TBone wrote:

lol, figures you'd think such!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote in message

I don't think so Miles, I know so and if you knew 1/000000000000 as much as you act like you do, you would as well.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
TBone wrote:

I can see it now. TBone invents a new gadget thats even better than the magnet or tornado. A device that restricts air intake in order to improve mpg. Lemme know when this invention comes out!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

LOL, perhaps you should actually follow the thread or even just pay attention to what you yourself say. Where exactly did I say restricting air intake would improve mileage??? All I said that restriction to a point would NOT decrease it. BTW, I see you had no response to the Circuit City thread. Why is that Miles?
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
TBone wrote:

Because I never read that thread? Sounds to me like you're wanting an argument where none exists. Rather typical of you! I'll give you a clue, I haven't shopped at Circuit City in a decade. Try not to make assumptions for which you have no clue but wish to argue about anyways.
FIY, my company used to have about 14 direct competitors in the USA. 10 have gone over seas. 30% of our sales is overseas and we must compete against them where they enjoy cheap labor. That said, we're staying here and have publicly stated we're not going anywhere. Stop trying to argue and assume what you have no clue about.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Damn Miles, take a chill pill. I didn't accuse you of anything. I was just curious as to why you had no input.

And what exactly is your point?
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
TBone wrote:

Hmm...out of all the topics going on here you out of the blue ask why no input on a single particular one? Just being chatty huh?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

That's how I interpreted it too. So lets just block the air filter to get better mileage:) No air = no fuel. Has to get better mileage:)
Al
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Well, hell, then the next logical step is to do what we did in the sixties, and take the air cleaner off all together.
Right?
Steve
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

You've just discovered the working theory behind the amazing Tornado fuel-economizer! :)
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Wrong! Just try them. (the dealership or the manufacturer)
Steve
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Steve B wrote:

I have. Any dealer can refuse work if they so desire. It does not make them right. Take it to arbitration or court. If the filter is not the cause of the problem then the warranty is still valid.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote

Sorry, son. I'm not the one you have to convince. Tell it to the judge or the service manager.
Steve
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Steve B wrote:

Not sure what your issue is then. I've heard manufactures and dealers deny a claim for just about any and every reason or no reason at all. Theres lousy dealers and lousy manufactures. Are they right? The point is they can't legally deny a warranty claim unless the added part caused the problem. If they do then they are in breach of contract.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I have, before, as well. I've told the story here before, but in a nutshell, a dealership tried to deny me warranty service on a leaking oilpan gasket by saying, "Nah, you put a lift kit on the truck - the warranty's void". That lasted all of about 30 seconds, as I explained to him the meaning behind the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Improvement Act, and said that if was trying to violate a Federal law, then we were going to have problems...
... the gasket was repaired under warranty, and later on, I also had a cracked head replaced under warranty (which was another back-and-forth battle, but that's a different story). So, obviously, my warranty didn't get "voided", even though it was threatened.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.