air bag light

I have a 99 ram pickup and the check air bag light came on. I had washed the engine compartment at the time. I figured the water may have created a
warning light to come on. Shortly after the engine area dried, the warning light did not come on again. However, it did the other day after many weeks after the first event. According to the manual, it says take it to the shop. Anything obvious I should check first? Anyone have any experience with this problem?