Air Bag light and buzzer dinging

I had to unplug the passenger airbag to replace the dash top piece ($300!!). I plugged back in of course and now every time I start the truck the bell dings a few times and the bag lite is on in the dash. Do I need to unplug the battery to clear it out? I was careful with it and didnt drop it or anything. There are no codes using a code reader. 99 ram 1500 4x4.

Reply to
RM v2.0

Did you disconnect the battery before disconnecting the air-bag?

Reply to
PeterD

You will never get Denny to disconnect. (from thre machine)

Reply to
Roy

No, just went out and unhooked battery to see if it would clear up.

Reply to
RM v2.0

Ever heard the old saying: "a day late, a dollar short"?

That describes your situation, the air-bag computer saw the airbag go off-line and that triggered a fault. You *MUST* always disconnect the battery before touching any part of an airbag circuit...

Reply to
PeterD

But how do I reset it now?

Reply to
RM v2.0

It is possible that a scan tool can do it, but I'm not sure. Varies with vehicles and makers, some you have to replace the air-bag controller (as a safety measure).

Reply to
PeterD

It's a long-shot but if it's a quad cab try cycling the key switch in the dashboard. Maybe turn it off and then disconnect and re-connect the battery then turn it on again? I dunno, just guessing at it.

Reply to
Nosey