Air Bag light and buzzer dinging

I had to unplug the passenger airbag to replace the dash top piece ($300!!). I plugged back in of course and now every time I start the truck the bell
dings a few times and the bag lite is on in the dash. Do I need to unplug the battery to clear it out? I was careful with it and didnt drop it or anything. There are no codes using a code reader. 99 ram 1500 4x4.

Did you disconnect the battery before disconnecting the air-bag?

You will never get Denny to disconnect. (from thre machine) <BFG>
No, just went out and unhooked battery to see if it would clear up.

Ever heard the old saying: "a day late, a dollar short"?
That describes your situation, the air-bag computer saw the airbag go off-line and that triggered a fault. You *MUST* always disconnect the battery before touching any part of an airbag circuit...

It is possible that a scan tool can do it, but I'm not sure. Varies with vehicles and makers, some you have to replace the air-bag controller (as a safety measure).
RM v2.0 wrote:

It's a long-shot but if it's a quad cab try cycling the key switch in the dashboard. Maybe turn it off and then disconnect and re-connect the battery then turn it on again? I dunno, just guessing at it.
--
Ken