Air cond door vacuum

I just aquired a 98 Dodge Conversion Ram Van 1500 V-6 3 speed auto 106K The air cond will quit when accelerating by that I mean the cold air will
start to come out the defrost ducts instead of the dash ducts
That is totally normal for that model.Something about the system using less engine power during hard accleration.

vacuum leak or bad check valve I would suspect.
that's my guess *grin*
--
-Chris

If you can hear a flap or something shutting in the vent system then it is probably a check-valve of some sort or a loose vacum line. I had a similar issue on my 99' ram 1500 4x4. Every time I acclerated hard the dash vent would shut down until I eased up on the throttle and the front axles for the 4-wheel drive wouldn't engage. My problem was a vaccum line that connected the auto locking 4-wheel drive and the a/c vents was disconnected.