Air Conditioner recharge

1999 Dakata 3.9L 5-speed 108k on the clock.
I had to do a recharge on the AC about 1 month ago which required 2 can's. I got my AC back and am happy with it, but I did notice that it's not as
cold as it used to be. In looking at my haynes manual, it says not to add more than 2 cans from the recharge kit, and my truck every bit of it. My question is, why could I not add more than 2 cans ? The low side will only take what it can handle and once it's equal to the internal pressure as the system, it will stop taking the refrigerant, right ? Am I missing something ? I think if I add a little more, I will get back to where I used to be in regard to the "coldness" of the AC.
--
Regards,
Slick Willy
โœ–
Well with out a proper set of gauges not the one gage check method, filling as per manufacturer instructions, checking pressure chart based on ambient temperature, checking the super heat temp, a proper leak test, properly evacuated the system because all the refrigerant was gone or had air entrainment, more than likely not having been trained in automotive HVAC or licensed as per the EPA you have screwed the pooch and you are lucky you have not blown your compressor up and injured yourself. Any one of the above is your problem.
--
Coasty
SEMPER PARATUS
โœ–
"Coasty" wrote:

I have seen some trained and "licensed" ones that were pretty clueless too. You do not have to be trained to do it if you can get the right tools and folloe instruction in print if you do not know because working on A/C’s is far from rocket science. I would not recommand anyone working on though without a good set of proper gauges.
โœ–
"Slick Willy" wrote:

You are missing something, charging it that way will overcharge system big time and too much freon will reduce cooling too as will as shorten compressor life.
โœ–

Was there a leak that you fixed, or did you evac the system?
If none of the above, I'd be wondering where the refrigerant went that gave you room to add 2 cans...
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Add pictures here
โœ–

No leak that was fixed or evac of the system. I regularly run my AC all year round ( including the winter ). In spring, I had AC, then when we had a really hot day, I turned the AC on and nothing .... Just the equivalent to vents. I decided to borrow a friends recharge kit and I bought 2 can's of refrigerant. I noticed that my compressor didn't click anymore which told me either the pressure was too low or the compressor was bad. I checked the haynes manual and all the tests passed for the compressor to be OK. The final test was to use a paper clip and 'override' the sensor at the condensor. When I inserted the paperclip, the compressor started working. I added 2 can's to the low side and my AC came back within about 1/2 hour of constant running.
it's been running great for the past 2 weeks or so. Air isn't as cold as it used to be, but other than that, I'm happy.
--
Regards,
Slick Willy