Air horns ..........

I want a HUGE set of air horns on my truck. Even considering a set of Nathan chimes if I can find one for a good price. The down side is the compressor and air tank. I could use a used SCUBA tank, but not sure of the volume I could get, and any size tank is fairly good sized. Two would definitely do it, but then I'd have to build a box in the bed, or the like.

Are there any good LOUD horns that you guys have/use that are either electric or air powered? Again, I want something that will at least approach a Nathan in performance. (for those who don't know what Nathans are, they are the ones from railroad locomotives)

I want good suggestions, as I don't want to be spending $$$ trying different horns or different combinations. Trouble is, there aren't many places that have these hooked up where you can test blow them.

TIA

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Pull out your wallet, Steve.

FMB (North Mexico)

Reply to
FMB

Why do you want something this loud?

Reply to
Xclimation

And your drivers license and proof of insurance if you blow that horn in California, as what you suggest is illegal here.

Reply to
Ed H.

JC Whitney has them too.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

For the times when someone does something so stupid that I really need to get their attention instantly.

My father used to ask me that.......... "Why do you HAVE to ........?"

Maybe just because I can.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I stay away from the Republik of Kalifornia for just those reasons. But, when I do HAVE to go there, I observe all their laws. Like leaving my concealed firearms at home.

The horns would have a separate control, as I had in my motorhome for the two separate horns.

Discretion is the better part of valor, and the degree of danger dictates the degree of leniency of any PO. Indiscriminate use of the big horn would not be a smart idea anywhere.

A couple of my wallet IDs would help assuage the officer's hostility, too.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

x-no-archive: yes

Sounds like you are just a big kid looking for attention. Hopefully, the cops will give you some if you blow an obnoxious horn like that in traffic.

Reply to
Reno

Please give me your personal cell number, and I will call you for your approval first before I use it.

Steve, who personally doesn't worry about "the cops".

Reply to
Steve B

x-no-archive: yes

I don't give out my number to children.

So, you like to break the laws on the road, act like an ass in traffic, be a general idiot and a bother to others while driving?

Reply to
Reno

No, I am a safe driver. Haven't been stopped in nine years. But then, my vehicle has special identification that any police officer recognizes as agency issued.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

yeah, sort of like the way he acts here.

Reply to
theguy

It will make him think his penis is bigger than the nubbin that it is.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

And your fascination with other men's penises is ...............?

Reply to
Steve B

oh oh. i think beekeep may have hit a nerve this time.

Reply to
theguy

x-no-archive: yes

"Agency issued", you say? Let me guess, you have one of those bright yellow license plates identifying you as a reckless driver?

Reply to
Reno

Wrong.

Reply to
Steve B

x-no-archive: yes

Ok, then they are bright orange license plates?

Reply to
Reno

x-no-archive: yes

He appears to be a bit high on his truck. That's ok, so long as he's not high while driving it.

Reply to
Reno

Ain't that the truth. Even our "republican" governor is pretty far left.

Reply to
Ed H.