Air horns ..........

Page 1 of 3
I want a HUGE set of air horns on my truck. Even considering a set of Nathan chimes if I can find one for a good price. The down side is the compressor and air tank. I could use a used SCUBA tank, but not sure of the
volume I could get, and any size tank is fairly good sized. Two would definitely do it, but then I'd have to build a box in the bed, or the like.
Are there any good LOUD horns that you guys have/use that are either electric or air powered? Again, I want something that will at least approach a Nathan in performance. (for those who don't know what Nathans are, they are the ones from railroad locomotives)
I want good suggestions, as I don't want to be spending $$$ trying different horns or different combinations. Trouble is, there aren't many places that have these hooked up where you can test blow them.
TIA
Steve

Pull out your wallet, Steve.
http://www.hornblasters.com/products/category.php?class=1
FMB (North Mexico)

And your drivers license and proof of insurance if you blow that horn in California, as what you suggest is illegal here.

I stay away from the Republik of Kalifornia for just those reasons. But, when I do HAVE to go there, I observe all their laws. Like leaving my concealed firearms at home.
The horns would have a separate control, as I had in my motorhome for the two separate horns.
Discretion is the better part of valor, and the degree of danger dictates the degree of leniency of any PO. Indiscriminate use of the big horn would not be a smart idea anywhere.
A couple of my wallet IDs would help assuage the officer's hostility, too.
Steve

Ain't that the truth. Even our "republican" governor is pretty far left.

Truth is, I really like California. It's like about four different states. It's about as diverse a state as you can get. And yet, it is truly beautiful. It just has some strange politics.
We used to go from Las Vegas for two weeks every summer to visit my dad's brother in Lakewood. We'd go to Knott's Berry Farm, Disneyland, Griffith Park, ChinaTown, all over southern California. We still go to visit friends in Bonsall. That's cool. We go to trade shows in LA. I like going to California, I just wouldn't want to live there. Tax wise, I think there are only a couple of states worse.
Steve
I hate going south of the 405 highway near the coast. Fortunately, my company sold its assets down there, so I no longer have a reason to drive that far south along the coast. I happen to live near a conservative island city in a liberal county. Although California is a "blue" state, if one were to look at the "red" vs. "blue" make up of the state, one would find that, by square mile, Califorina is conservative. I suspect that's true for most of the US. In other words, cities tend to produce citizens who think government should attend to every need of it's citizens, and rural areas tend to produce citizens who learn to care for themselves and others.
Let the flame begin.

Those who do do. Those who can't go into politics. And pander to minority voters while preaching in thousand dollar suits and sitting in the back of a limo.
Steve
Steve

Like the Rev.s Jackson and Sharpton. BTW, in which church is Sharpton ordained?

He musta paid good bucks for it somewhere. There's money in religiosity, and a certificate probably cost him as much as a ** costs you or me.
BTW, has Jess or Sharpton ever had a real job?
Steve
Money?!
SINNERS AND SAINTS, I can lead you to the promised land. Trust unto me your worldly goods. Look not to your inner heart, for I alone know the true path to salvation, and that path requires you to relinguish all the sins of your former life of acquiring material goods. Do not give the wages of your sins to "charitable" orgarnizations, for they are frought with lies and deceipt. To be true to the calling of God you must recognize that He requires you to send your donations to:
"Ed H. Airline Ticket to Honolulu, Hawaii" (not associated with Ed H. Hotel Accommidations, Inc.).
wrote

x-no-archive: yes
wrote

How about you, steve. What's your job? And is it real?
Reno wrote:

Annoying the police.
Someone I must have plonked wrote:

I am retired. In my work life, I was a Union Teamster (parking attendant in Las Vegas), welder, crane operator, commercial diver, and steel erection contractor. Now, I just manage my income producing properties, and live from investments in first deeds of trust. I also do volunteer work with the police department, and am a part time coroner's investigator when they get short handed.
Since I don't get paid, I don't know if the jobs qualify as real or not.
Oh, yeah. I also do Homeowner's Reserve Audit Studies, and that pays.
Steve
x-no-archive: yes

Gee, Steve. You are a real swell guy.
By saying that do you mean that he actually has a brain??? ;-0
"Ed H." < snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net> wrote in message

would
like.
Nathans
many
JC Whitney has them too.
Al
Why do you want something this loud?

For the times when someone does something so stupid that I really need to get their attention instantly.
My father used to ask me that.......... "Why do you HAVE to ........?"
Maybe just because I can.
Steve
x-no-archive: yes

Sounds like you are just a big kid looking for attention. Hopefully, the cops will give you some if you blow an obnoxious horn like that in traffic.