air pressure sensor

My 2010 Ram 1500 started displaying low pressure warning for the rear driver side tire about a week ago, but all four tires were displayed at 35 lbs. I put a couple of punds of air in the tire, but the
warning didn't disappear. After a week of driving around, I finally stopped by the dealership. They air'd all tires to 40 lbs. After about 2 minutes of driving back home, the warning disappeared. Are the sensors that sensitive, and why didn't all the sensors react to being low if 40 was the cutoff?
Robin
On 9/17/2011 9:57 AM, rlz wrote:

What's the recommended tire pressure?
If the tire sensors are set to display at, say 35 PSI, then you must also factor in tolerance (say 10%, since this is a consumer product) which would all for a +/- of 3.5 PSI. So the sensor, nominally 35 PSI, might indicate when the pressure is as low as 31.5 or as high as 38.5 PSI and still be considered acceptable.
--
I'm never going to grow up.

rlz wrote:

You need to get the summer air out of your tires and put in winter air.
JAM
On Sat, 17 Sep 2011 15:59:01 -0400, Frank Galikanokus

And change the hub cap gaskets too while you're there.
beekeep
On 9/18/2011 8:52 AM, beekeep wrote:

--
I'm never going to grow up.

On 9/18/2011 8:52 AM, beekeep wrote:

Don't forget the non-freezing blinker fluid.
--
I'm never going to grow up.

Petey:

As an alternative to pumping up the tires, you may choose to drive at a higher altitude.

Hey, Petey! Like my new handle?
On 9/18/2011 6:16 PM, Certificated Airman wrote:

Thanks for advertising that, twit filters updated!
--
I'm never going to grow up.