air pressure sensor

My 2010 Ram 1500 started displaying low pressure warning for the rear driver side tire about a week ago, but all four tires were displayed at 35 lbs. I put a couple of punds of air in the tire, but the warning didn't disappear. After a week of driving around, I finally stopped by the dealership. They air'd all tires to 40 lbs. After about 2 minutes of driving back home, the warning disappeared. Are the sensors that sensitive, and why didn't all the sensors react to being low if 40 was the cutoff?

Robin

Reply to
rlz

What's the recommended tire pressure?

If the tire sensors are set to display at, say 35 PSI, then you must also factor in tolerance (say 10%, since this is a consumer product) which would all for a +/- of 3.5 PSI. So the sensor, nominally 35 PSI, might indicate when the pressure is as low as 31.5 or as high as 38.5 PSI and still be considered acceptable.

Reply to
PeterD

You need to get the summer air out of your tires and put in winter air.

JAM

Reply to
Frank Galikanokus

And change the hub cap gaskets too while you're there.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

Reply to
PeterD

Don't forget the non-freezing blinker fluid.

Reply to
PeterD

As an alternative to pumping up the tires, you may choose to drive at a higher altitude.

Hey, Petey! Like my new handle?

Reply to
Certificated Airman

Thanks for advertising that, twit filters updated!

Reply to
PeterD