all gauges at 0

sometimes my entire dashboard on my 99 caravan doe not work-the fuel gauge, the speedometer, the heat gauge... most times everything works sometimes just the speedometer does not work
weird-- any ideas what the problem is thanks van had 108,000 miles.. Michael
possibly a failing printed circuit board. next time it happens tap the top of the dash on the right side just above the gauges to see if they start to work. the p/c board is available seperate from the gauges about $400 from dealer just for the part.
Bryan