All gauges don't work

Hi, I have a 91 Voyager that the speedo, tac, gas, oil, and charge gauges do not work. The check gauges light is on. It just stopped working, then worked sometimes, now it doesn't work at all. I have change the gauges fuse, that didn't help. The warning lights seem to work ok. Since none of the gauges work, I have checked the votlage at the fuse to ground and it is near 12 volts. Thanks for any help that you can give. email replies are welcomed ~Dan~

Reply to
Dan and Ginny

There is probably a block of several wiring connectors that can be reached under the instrument panel to the left of the steering column. It used to be a fairly common occurrence to develop a bad connection in the one going to the instrument cluster. Disconnecting and reconnecting the connector in the block that goes to the cluster may correct the problem.

Reply to
shafferf

I can see several block connectors left of the steering wheel but my hand is to big to get up in there. Should I remove the big circuit breaker box above the fuse box (I think I can get to them if I do), or would you advise against it. I can not get to the instrument panel from under the dash, so I do not know which is the block connector that goes to the instrument panel. I am a poor old man, so any hints that you can give me, will be appreciated. And any online referrences will be checked out. ~Dan~

Reply to
Dan and Ginny