Alternator upgrade: belts and pulleys

Help!
I have a 1979 B300 with a 2 bbl 360 engine. I want to upgrade the stock 65A single-groove pulley alternator to a high-amp double-pulley alternator,
and also to upgrade the old York single-groove pulley A/C compressor to a more compact and modern model that has a double pulley.
I'm disappointed that I cannot find anything about belt strategies online after considerable searching!
The current belt layout with the single-groove alternator pulley is thus:
    INNERMOST: Crank, Alternator, Water pump     MIDDLE: Crank, Water pump, PS pump, AIR pump     OUTERMOST: Crank, A/C, Idler pulley
My current thinking is that my new layout will involve (a) eliminating the A/C idler pulley completely, and (b) keeping my current 3-groove crank pulley - and that the new arrangement will end up thus:
    INNERMOST: Crank, Alternator, A/C, Water pump     MIDDLE: Crank, Alternator, A/C, Water pump     OUTERMOST: Crank, PS pump, AIR pump
In this arrangement, the double-belt path would be tensioned by a very nice billet alternator tensioner I've bought, and the PS and AIR pump belt tensioned by the adjustment of the PS pump.
QUESTION 1: Does anyone have any diagrams or pictures of factory belt layouts for this application?
QUESTION 2: Does my plan make sense? Does it match the arrangement of models that shipped stock with dual-pulley alternators? In other words, do dual-pulley belt layouts drive off of the same three-groove crank pulleys from the innermost two grooves?
QUESTION 3: Assuming this plan makes sense, when shifting the PS and AIR pumps outwards to the outermost pulley slot, is it better to (a) find appropriate stock brackets at the junkyard, (b) make shims as required, or (c) find alternate pulleys with the required alignment, or (d) otherwise?
Thanks in advance for any useful feedback!
-- Bob
why not a serpintine belt set up? here's one after a quick search on Jegs.com that may work with your setup. its for a 318/360 engine. this kit is a march kit.
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId 002&storeId001&categoryId'407&parentCategoryId223&langId=-1
--
-Chris
05 CTD
Christopher Thompson wrote:

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId 002&storeId001&categoryId'407&parentCategoryId223&langId=-1
You are stuck with what you have. The York compressor is an add air NOT factory air The altinator Shouldn't be a problem may require slight spacer mods I don't remember I had the two grouve on my 79 van, just use you original belt & leave one grouve unused If you want to fix the cruse-- look for an aftermarket system. Does the air work ??? NO? Trash it & get the vintage air system.
sqdancerLynn wrote:

I'm never 'stuck'. Confused and frustrated sometimes, but never 'stuck'.
The York compressor is an add air NOT

Correct. Cobra added it as part of the RV conversion. It has a double pulley, but only one belt. It does not work well, so it's coming off in any event.
The altinator Shouldn't be a problem may require slight spacer

If I put in a 140A alternator, I will absolutely want to drive it with both grooves. The compressor proposed by Vintage also uses a double pulley, and from what I've seen, it should have both grooves driven. I'm not up for living with belt squeal after this job is complete.
If you want to fix the cruse--

Yes, Audiovox - but tha has nothing to do with my belt questions.
Does the air work ??? NO? Trash it & get

Yep, as above.
Cheers, -- Bob

You can probably find everything you need here:
http://www.bouchillonperformance.com/
John:
Thank you! With all the searching I've done, I'm amazed I have not found these folks before! I'm sure they'll be able to fix me up. I'll call them during business hours.
Still, if anyone has a stock double-belt alternator and factory air of a similar vintage, I'd be keen to know if it uses a 3- or 4-groove crank pulley, and how the belts line up.
Thanks again!! -- Bob
John Kunkel wrote:

Scrounge the auto wrecking yards for small block Mopars with the setup you want. Then you'll have access to all the pulleys, brackets, etc. you'll need. Best bet: later model Diplomats.
--
Budd Cochran

John 3:16-17, Ephesians 2:8-9