Am I getting ripped off?

Page 2 of 3

A Digital!
Which ever type you choose, I suggest 3.61 to 5.31 Newton-Meters to properly seat it.

Just make sure that you also use the enclosed speed stickers, they are, after all, good for at least another 5hp!
Ed H. wrote:

Oh no you don't!
SMH

Tom in general, is suspect! <BG>
Tom is a general I would follow into the depths on any Dodge.
Oops. I misread "in general" for "is a general"

I second that! I understand Tom has stuffed so much knowledge into his brain that, he keeps having to find increasingly larger hats to put on his noggin, and he's seriously top-heavy! OTOH, I learn something new every day... and forget two!
Bryan ;^)
Ed H wrote:

Tom's a General?
beekeep
I really appreciate the information from all of you who replied. I got a call from the mechanic this morning. They say that the hose could have gone at anytime, and I am responsible for parts ($6.50 for the kit) and labor ($74.50 an hour). I do understand that the need for a hose being replaced is objective view of the mechanic, but considering I just shelled out $3,000 last Wednesday for all the other repairs, I guess I am just little pissy about paying them anymore money. Especially considering they placed new parts on either side of an old hose. I am by NO means very mechanically inclined, but even I know, that old hoses don't hold up to new parts very well. So, thanks again for your help.
I would tell then that if they do make it right with you (considerable discount) that you will never deal with them again and make it well known to your friends of their second rate work. Word of mouth advertising works both ways.
"NurseTracy" < snipped-for-privacy@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
I couldn't resist...
I hope you have a typo. If they make it right you'd never again deal with them? Editting: verb - the act of changing a well thought out argument in to the exact opposite of what was intended.

Yes, it was a typo. If they don't make it right after the second rate job they did the first time...
"Ed H." < snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net> wrote in message
Under the circumstances they should make a "good will" arrangement with her. If you can't get free labor a huge honkin' discount should be made, but that's just me. Penny wise pound foolish seems to rule business anymore.

Failing that, she should at least post the name and address of this shop. I'm sure a few of us could take it from there.
Roy
I paid the price to get my truck back. The only thing I didn't pay for was the towing fee ($181 for a whole 12 miles). I dind't deal with them anymore after the service manager became exceedingly condescending to me over the phone. I let my husband deal with the ass. As I said before, I am not mechanincally inclined, but I do have basic working knowledge. At least this guy didn't try to get me to pay for "blinker fluid" like the guy from the lube place did.

Name and location please. Would be nice to let other know of it so they don't become potential victims.
On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 11:29:28 -0500, "NurseTracy"

You don't change your blinker fluid regularly? That's just good PM like changing hoses and belts at regular intervals. When's lhe last time you changed the hubcap gaskets?
beekeep
wrote: | | >I paid the price to get my truck back. The only thing I didn't pay for was | >the towing fee ($181 for a whole 12 miles). I dind't deal with them | >anymore after the service manager became exceedingly condescending to me | >over the phone. I let my husband deal with the ass. As I said before, I | >am not mechanincally inclined, but I do have basic working knowledge. At | >least this guy didn't try to get me to pay for "blinker fluid" like the | >guy from the lube place did. | > | You don't change your blinker fluid regularly? That's just good PM like | changing hoses and belts at regular intervals. When's lhe last time you changed | the hubcap gaskets? | | beekeep | |
And let us not forget to change the air in the tires when they are rotated...
PcolaPhil
To Reply remove SPAMNOT.
You and I are Friends....... You Fight, I Fight........ You Hurt, I Hurt........ You Cry, I Cry......... You Jump Off a Bridge.... I'm Gonna Miss Your Dumb ass!!!!
I was low on blinker fluid a couple days ago. Turns out Auto Zone had 12 ounces for 4.99, which is a really good price. It was in the same aisle with sky hooks, red lantern oil, and a bucket of steam. Oh, and they had snipe scent air freshener. I had to go to Home Depot for left handed crescent wrenches, though.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

You can get the sky hooks on the net: http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id1