Anti-Gel Additive (Diesel)

Page 2 of 2

for my diesels we actually brew a mixture of ingredients to add to ulsd. i mix the powerservice with cetane boost that comes in the white bottle with marvel mystery oil in a 50/50 ratio. i then add 1ounce of this per gallon at every fill up. this mixture was recommended to me by my fuel supplier, who got the advice from their diesel supplier, who's chemical engineer supposidly concocted this brew. of course this is all hearsay this far down the ladder but i have never known marvel mystery oil to hurt anything at it generally helps most things.
i just cringe every time i see someone filling up an older diesel truck that was not engineered for the new fuel and then just driving off without adding something to the fuel. my guess is that these trucks were designed with the expectation of a certain amount of lubrication additives in the fuel. when that got taken away i think that these vehicles are going to see some durability issues. they say the new ones are designed for the new fuel but i would still add some lubrication just to ease my mind if i was driving a new truck. michael

Related Threads is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.