Any one know what to look for when trying to get a new transmission?

Can anyone help me find out what i need to get a new transmission for my 1988 dodge dakota? i got the truck from my neighbor and the transmission was shot. i dont know what i need or where to find it to get the right trany.

if any one could help that would be great.

Reply to
plrs89

Is it s a manual or automatic?

If manual, is it a 5 spd? It should be.

If Auto, is it 3 spd or 4 spd?

Reply to
Max Dodge

Reply to
plrs89 via CarKB.com

Your Dakota will have the NP535 transmission, lots of places have rebuilt units; check with:

John Kunkel