Anybody here have experience with Auto A/C?

Hi,
I have a 99 B1500 van with main and Auxillary air conditioning.
I have no cold air in the front, but the rear a/c is nice and cold.
I replaced the front
hot water valve which was leaking water in the closed postition, but the problem remained.
Sometimes when I start the van it is a little bit cold, but mostly whenI start the engine it is outside air temp.
I opened the lid of the a/c/ box as far as I could with the box in place and I found that the evaporator was completely covered in debris and dust which suprised me as I still had air flow inside.
I carefully cleaned away all the debris and thought maybe I had fixed the problem but no, it still is the same.
As this twin a/c system shares the compressor, condensor, temp sensor, and receiver/dryer but has seperate expansion valves, im starting to wonder if it is the front expansion valve that is sticking. If so then it has foreign particles in it which means I may have to replace more than just the expansion valve and the receiver/dryer.
You thoughts are appreciated.
Thanks
--
idh63

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 15:37:06 +0200, idh63

receiver/dryer but has seperate expansion valves, im starting to wonder if it is the front expansion valve that is sticking
Do a pressure check first and see if it is low on R134. The front valve is usually fixed but the rear one is varible and when low on freon the front unit will likely suffer first. THis is not to say that the front valve may not be defective or clogged too. ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com