Anyone thinking of buying Dodge..........check this first

You base DC reliability on 1 vehicle? Too funny.

Reply to
miles

Not even close. But I did get a cute little plaque for putting in my 25 yrs...

Haven't got the final sheet yet. But I'm sure I'm my usual spot in the standings... The good news is that I shot only four hostages....none fatal... Some of the guys had 7-8 good guys. Most of the stages were set up for accuracy instead of speed. I get to help with the stages next month so I'm really gonna have fun. Lets see......at the buzzer, load six rounds in your magazine, charge your weapon then engage your target. Nothing like slowing down some of those machine gun fingers. This is the good thing about mppc, stage set-up is not near as strict as the idpa.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Nope, but this particular vehicle appears to be a POS and the fault appears to be that of DC, not the customer.

Reply to
TBone

How exactly do you figure that?

Reply to
Max Dodge

You nor I know what the cause of the problems are so to make that assumption is absurd. Problems do occur with any make or model. What makes this different than many others is DC resolved them.

Reply to
miles

geez tom. i know you like to carry these discussions to incredibly boring and trivial lengths, but it gets old. every company has "lemens", including cars, boats, trains, etc. maybe this is one, maybe it isn't. you have no clue. you haven't put your sluthy mechanical skills to the first hand test with it. you are listnening to one guy bitch and believing what he says. maybe he caused it, maybe he didn't. you need to examine your thought process though. some guy like this one writes in and you believe him lock stock and barrell. but on the other hand, anyone else says anything, even if they are actually a mechanic with skills and knowledge that exceed yours and you argue with them for weeks.

Reply to
the guy

And yet, you keep reading it.

Sure I do, if it really had this many problems and they kept fixing it, I would call it a lemon.

Usually people who cause the damage AND get it fixed for free don't complain the way this asshole is. They may call the truck weak, but not a lemon and usually don't bad mouth the company this way. I personally don't care one way or the other, his opinion has no effect on mine because as you say, it could be complete BS and he is whining WAY TO MUCH for me to take him seriously.

LOL, get real. I am arguing with Max who doesn't even seem to know what a compression ration stands for (or is just trying to start another argument) and who likes to argue with me even more than I do with him. Now if you have something of actual value to add, feel free to jump in otherwise, STFU.

Reply to
TBone

Not at all. The problems indicated are not easily caused by the customer with the exception of high centering the truck as Max suggested and the fact that DC fixed them indicates that they were not caused by the customer.

And I never said anything different. My concern is the frequency of occurrence of problems with this particular vehicle which is simply not either normal or acceptable.

No, it simply indicates that DC knows that these problems are not the customers fault but feel free to give me a list of current auto manufacturers that routinely ignore warranty issues.

Reply to
TBone

Vehicle is a POS by the number and frequency of required repairs..

The fact that DC keeps repairing it shows that they know it is not the customers fault.

Reply to
TBone

I thought that you were going to STFU and watch me implode. I guess that honesty isn't really a strong point of yours. Do you intend to explain this comment, oh, WTF am I kidding.

Reply to
TBone

oh tom.............oh tom.....i just can't stfu. besides, you are the one who told me to do that tom and wtf are you to me? oh yeah, i remember now......a toy. you make yourself way too rich a target for me to resist any more. but i did try,i really did.

you are like.............well, you are like an incredible moron. you go on and on and on and on. at one time i thought you did it because you just love to argue and this was a place you could do it all day long. then, i thought maybe you were baiting max and gary. but i realize that i gave you way too much credit. after watching you drivel on and on for days over the most rivial and mundane things, i now realize that you just stupid. you are just an idiot. thats pretty it tom.

hey, just saying man.

Reply to
the guy

DC fixed it because the truck was under warranty, no other reason needed. The fact that DC fixed it means nothing more than DC is standing fast on its agreement to fix the truck under warranty. Its simply good business to not argue with a customer over issues that will promote customer satisfaction and perhaps another sale.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Each item was fixed once. No "frequency" about it.

Again, rubbish. You know it and said as much to the OP when you told him he was "stretching it". Simply put, it is good business to just fix a problem rather than find blame for its cause.

Reply to
Max Dodge

There sure is, and the Op's truck certainly didn't "crap out every day".

The number of failures to each part is exactly one.

More rubbish. You've obviously not done any studies regarding cost/benefit or QC in the area of acceptable failure rate.

I see, so anything that fails is a lemon to you? Thats not the "accepted definition" by most people. But I would say I expected as much from you.

Doesn't have to be fixed all at the same time, because (as you said) it takes time for stuff to break.

Prove it. You can't. I have a viable theory/possibility, you don't. I have facts, you have assumed bullshit that fits your perfect picture.

I have NO idea, but he DID complain, and he DID ADMIT that DC fixed the problems.

Individual situations vary, and thats why your conclusions don't add up. Different dealers operate different ways, and you can't accept that. I've offered possibilities, and backed those ideas with evidence that makes them viable. Youin turn, insist that the world operates YOUR way and your way only, yet you have no viable evidence that the world is perfect.

Your reaction backed up my point: >> > Most of them do in todays world but what does that have to do with your point?

LOL, WHAT??? Design isn't part of quality??? Ok...... thats it. I'm done here. YOU are full of shit up to your eyeballs, no need for me to prod you into showing any further.

Reply to
Max Dodge

I have been a DODGE boy all my life. This still don't change my mind. You dig deep enough into any of them you'll find the same thing. Dodge,chevy,ford,hell mazada it don't matter they all have problems and they all break down!!!

Reply to
storby

I just got the scores. The ole blind hog was in Ohio again, I got 8th out of

15 shooters in my class. I'd have had 7th if'n I'd only shot two hostages instead of four.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

WTF is wrong with that?? C'mon Hathcock, you are better than first time out. Practice, practice, practice, is what Carlos preached. Get with the friggin' program and put some more rounds through it. You will improve bit by bit.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

The hostages would probably be a lot happier, too, Buggs... Good shootin', though..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis