Are these axles compatible?

I have a 1999 Dodge RAM 1500 4x4, extended cab, 360 c.i engine.
I have what I think are problems with whining noise in the rear end, which was "confirmed" by dealer, which then did some "work", replaced
bearings, ruined my ABS speed sensor, all to no avail. Noises continue as before, though my wallet is considerably lighter.
There is a ebay seller local to me who is offering a rear axle. It is from a '05 pickup, with 30k miles according to him, 3.92 gear ratio.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item )0037793055
My question is, can I swap my present rear end for that rear end. Anyone knows?
On Mon, 9 Oct 2006 16:08:01 +0000 (UTC), Ignoramus24560

Though I am not sure what is my gear ratio, my axle is a 9.25" axle. Hope that it helps.
As far as swapping the axle is concerned, what are the possible issues that make swapping one axle for another working axle?

Just do what you've been talking about and trade it.
Before you buy another rear end check your current ratio,

I cannot phantom how people go to a mechanic and ask for a problem to be fixed, pay some money to them and leave without the problem being fixed. Sounds like I need to be in that business if there are that many suckers.

I've been in the business. its ok if your single IMHO but you just cant make a trend of purposely half assin the work. you wont be in business long. no matter how good you are there are always going to be people that you just cant please. people that want something for nothing. and the people that want to blame you because their crap broke. its just the way of it.
--
-Chris