Armed citizen stops Utah shooting

Page 3 of 3

Thank you. Perhaps I should have been clearer. It is my experience that there are some states in which the required permits allowing the legal concealed carrying of firearms are extremely difficult, if not impossible for average citizens to obtain. These states are not called "right to carry" states. I see that someone has already provided a link to the organization through which you can determine which states these are. When I obtained my ccw in California in the 80's it was at the discretion of the county sherrif, 'though the permits were honored state-wide. But there had to be compelling reason for issue. In Oregon it is up to the sheriff to disallow those unqualified due to specific reasons from the right to carry concealed. These are usually the same people who don't have the right to gun ownership in the first place, due usually to felony convictions or mental capacity issues. Otherwise, there are no arbitrary grounds for which the sheriff can prohibit the issuing of ccw's. Thus the "right to carry" term. Like...tell someone in NYC they have the right to carry. ;-]
Wolfie

Same here.
Ken