Auto transmission swap between 94 and 97

I looked for a site that has some conversion info on tranny swaps. (No luck)...

I have a 94 Ram 250 van with 318 with auto. I found a 97 Ram 1500 318 with auto.

Will the 97 automatic work in the 94.

The 97 looks a little beefier, and has an electric plug above the pan on the driver side.

Can I jumper the plug to make it work? Or am I asking for more trouble than it is worth..

Thanks for any links you may have to answer my question.

Reply to
Bill

Not without a computer swap, and a new wiring harness. Your 94 has a mechanical governor. The 97's governor is electronic, so without the computer to regulate governor pressure, it won't shift.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence