B3500 bumper tow capacity?

I have a 94 Dodge Van, B3500. I believe it's like the 15 passenger version.
It runs off CNG, and I believe the tanks are too big to mount a frame hitch.
So now my question is.. I want to tow several (450-500 pound) motorcycles about 600 miles to bike week. what's my best configuration and how heavy of a trailer can I tow from the bumper?
rear seats are gone. Should I load two bikes in the back? or just tow?
And then how much weight can i expect the bumper to pull without damage/risk ?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Given the long overhang of rear end past axle, It is not a good towing platform and I would limit tongue weight to about 300lbs or so and trailer to about 3000lbs max too for safty and stabilty reasons.
--

-----------------
www.thesnoman.com

Yep... I can always tell the vehicles that tow from the bumper... they're the ones with the two dents on either side of the license plate :)
Try and use a trailer with a straight tongue, instead of a 'V' that joins at the coupler. This will increase your turning radius.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

A enclosed triler might actually have a bit less drag if it is not taller than van as the open bikes will cause a lot of drage and a enclosed trailer will also protech them from elements too and a theft deterent as well.
--

-----------------
www.thesnoman.com

He already said he can't fit a hitch because of the CNG tank.
Tom Lawrence wrote:

he definitely can't fit one. "It runs off CNG, and I believe the tanks are too big to mount a frame hitch." If he checks the dimensions he might find one that fits.
I double checked.. the tanks aren't in the way of the frame rails but the control valves are mounted to the frame. I suppose I'll take it to a trailer place and see if they can mount a frame hitch...
if they can, that will give me a lot more tow capacity.. woohoo! :)
thanks all for your help!
ps average bike value.. probably about $5500 :)
JPH wrote:

I guessyou have not seen a CNG tank installation. It will need a custom made hitch to be able to install one because of size and mounting of tanks.
--

www.thesnoman.com
TheSnoMan wrote:

one that fits. Different companies install CNG with different clearances. A lot depends on the size of the tanks and how they're mounted. Different hitch manufacturers also create hitches with different ways of frame mounting and dimensions. Can't rule out a frame hitch without taking measurements. Or, as you say, possibly a custom hitch.
You wouldn't Tom and that's fine. Motorpsychol may not and that's his call. I would find a good welding shop and find a way to install a frame mounted hitch. Aren't differing opinions interesting?

Hmm I never thought about that.. good idea!
thanks