backfiring

My boyfriend has a 1997 Dodge 1500 that is profusly backfiring and we don't know what to do... He has changes the plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor, and coil..
What else is left? What else could it be?
Please help me
On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 14:13:20 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@ewspa.com wrote:

Idle? Steady Speed? Acceleration? Or a combination of these conditions?
How many miles?
What DTCs are you getting? (you did scan it, right?)
Burned valve....check the compression steve