backfiring

My boyfriend has a 1997 Dodge 1500 that is profusly backfiring and we don't know what to do... He has changes the plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor, and coil.. What else is left? What else could it be?

Please help me

Reply to
brittany

Idle? Steady Speed? Acceleration? Or a combination of these conditions?

How many miles?

What DTCs are you getting? (you did scan it, right?)

Reply to
PeterD

Reply to
Steve Lusardi