ball joints on 98 dakota...and recall?

Page 1 of 2
Anyone know if that recall of balljoints for 2000-2003 models (dakota and durango?) was ever extended down to 1998s? I supposedly need ball joints and front shocks (and have to therefore get the whole
upper control arm, according to some "chain-store" repair shops i've been to....The whole thing seems to cost more than $800 (incl. tax and "shop fees"). ???? Truck has about 99000 mi. The mechanic showed me the front left and right ball joints, which looked cracked and separated.
p.s. ..but the truck runs fine as far as i can tell...don't notice anyone of the symptoms, and recall, i've read about, (all day today on the web). I brought it in for alignment, and two mechanics said the ball joints are shot (but one place said their fine, but didn't look at them..ha ha...all he did was push up and down on the truck...but another mechanic who lifted up the wheels and then pulled on the wheels...noted they're too loose, and he looked at the cracked balljoints.
thanks for any info.
I did my own for $68 each on my son's previous 2000 Dakota and his current 98 Dakota - both - all 4 on each. Also had to replace the upper control arm bushings on both trucks on the right side. I still need to do the left side on the 98. The 2000 was sold after I did all that work.
$68 x 4 is a whole lot cheaper than $800 and it's not hard. The bottom rivets are huge and one is a bit nasty to get out but it can be done.

On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 16:45:58 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

You need to be realistic here. Truck is 9 years old and 99K miles and they do wear out even with no defect. How you drive and service them has a roll in their service life. Some can get 200K out of them in easy stock driving and some with lifts and big tires are lucky to get 40 or 50K (I have seen ball joints on GM IFS 1/2 ton truck go in less than 30K with really big tires on them) Just except it as normal here and and repair as needed and move on. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

geez. come on, even you can do better than that.
......and service them has a ROLE in .........
just ACCEPT it as normal............
and finally, take your own advice, you moron:
.....and move on.
On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 16:25:41 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@whatever.net wrote:

The only advise to be given and taken in this regard is for you to grow up and move on. You come here only to be a troll and nothing more. Trolls like you give groups a bad name. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
snipped-for-privacy@snoman.com says...

You give the human species a bad name.

No, quite the opposite...... Also were one Troll show up with his stink, another one follows the smell. You guys are funny to watch.
Ever notice how the biggest trouble makers have fake address too? So insecure they are and so sad.... ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
snipped-for-privacy@whatever.net:

I am sure if you were more adapt at understood what was being said, you would know, dumbguy.
--

"which I am sure if you were more adapt at understood what was being
asked for, you would know" - punkin

sheryl, you are back again? how nice of you to drop in and add you wisdom to the group. ok, that may be a little over the top, but it is nice to see you back infecting the group with your wonderful stupidity once again. but i will certainly try to adapt an understood'n to the language that you and the moron speak.

Sure she's back. The Idiot uncrossed his legs and we have the crotch cannibal, in another failed attempt to take some of the heat off the Idiot. But sadly most the heat is in another group. Gotta pay attention girl.
snipped-for-privacy@whatever.net:

It's punkin's language, dumbguy. Not mine.
--

"which I am sure if you were more adapt at understood what was being
asked for, you would know" - punkin

no sheryl, it's yours. it was your post, you wrote it. or are now accusing larry of writing your posts? you are as much a moron as is snotroll. maybe more so. you make it close anyway, but then eveyone has to be good at something.
snipped-for-privacy@whatever.net:

I told you, dumbguy. Twice already.
"which I am sure if you were more adapt at understood what was being asked for, you would know" - punkin
http://groups.google.co.in/group/alt.autos.dodge.trucks/msg/f385d74c67a02569
--

"which I am sure if you were more adapt at understood what was being
asked for, you would know" - punkin

Wow, he typed "at" instead of 'and' You really got him there...
aardvarkbarracuda69062:

So, you're in punkin's league.
"adapt at understood"
adapt <--> adept

So says the self appointed one with delusions of grandeur.

'adapt and understood'

adapt <--> adapt
It's interesting that you go to such lengths over a few misspelled words to defend someone who is known to string together paragraph after paragraph containing nothing but incoherent and irrelevant babble, that someone having claimed in previous posts to have invented the GPS system. (among other ludicrous claims)
Sorry Sheryl, I just can't connect the dots when it comes to your hero Snotinkle. I guess the lawn cutters out there need an advocate though.
On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 04:30:56 GMT, aarcuda69062

he's got nothing else. doesn't surprise me.

snipped-for-privacy@whatever.net:

It's nonsense.

You still don't know, even when I lay it all out for you.

I mirrored *your* own behavior, dumbguy!
You haven't been heard from for... weeks? months? And now you pop in to whine over a couple of misspelled words. Have you ever posted anything of value? Offered technical info, explained anything? I don't think so.

well, you pretty much settled that. you are a moron. anyway, what was the point of your post?
On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 10:34:56 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@whatever.net wrote:

groan. so what are you trying to tell me? that you are my secret admirer now? how could i be so lucky. when you grow up you want to be just like me?
look, larry may be jealous about this change of affection on your part. why don't we just forget it and i'll let larry have you. ok?