Battening down the hatches!

Page 1 of 2
So who else is gonna get whalloped by this east coast snowstorm?
I'm in DC, I saw one forecaster saying 26.2" of snow for my area. (!!!) Weather.com suggests 10-20. Either way, it's an unprecedented
snowfall for before Christmas in this area.
I'm just mad it's falling on the weekend, it's more fun to play in the snow when I know I'm getting off from work (and getting paid for it!) to play :)
Snow! Yay!
jmc

We have been getting a bunch of rain in FL. Enjoy the snow.

That's just cause of all the hot air radiating from those retirement communitied ya'll have down there... <BG>
Denny

That's just cause of all the hot air radiating from those retirement communitied ya'll have down there... <BG>
Denny
Yada, yada Your just pissed 'cause you aren't getting much. <G> AND if the surf backs down I'll be fishing in the morning.
Roy
On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 16:43:57 -0500, jmc

Nuttin' much expected here, all to the south of us... Just as good, it tends to pile up slowly eating your open space in the parking lot.

Ya gotta push it waaaaaaaaaay back

Realized I was (by habit) pushing it on my (new) neighbor's lawn the last storm... They just moved in: "Welcome to my neighborhood, here: have some free snow on me!" <BSEG>

They will forgive you after you push the drift out of the mouth of their driveway.<G>

Our forcast is for a couple of inches total. For once I wish it'd just blow by. The kids are coming home for the weekend, we're springing Mom out of the nursing home and having our Christmas on Saturday. Maybe if it would hold off till Sunday and then I can play...
Denny

Our forcast is for a couple of inches total. For once I wish it'd just blow by. The kids are coming home for the weekend, we're springing Mom out of the nursing home and having our Christmas on Saturday. Maybe if it would hold off till Sunday and then I can play...
Denny
Good deal for you and the family. Enjoy!!!
That's the one draw back of living in the sun and surf. So far away from the kid's but it is what it is.
How's Mom doing?
Thinking about it, I actually do miss the plowing. Then again I say that, but after 40 years of chasseing snow flakes I can probably do without it. I sure don't miss working ass deep in the snow for hours.
Roy

How's Mom doing?
Thinking about it, I actually do miss the plowing. Then again I say that, but after 40 years of chasseing snow flakes I can probably do without it. I sure don't miss working ass deep in the snow for hours.
Roy
Just got back in from running the route, got maybe a couple of inches but it's mostly slush. Made a few swipes along the buildings by the doors and called it quits. Radars not showing much for today but we'll see what happens.
Mom gets sprung 3-4 times a week. Some days are better than others. I think if she had her way she'd just sit in a chair and vegetate. We keep the ole girl moving..
Denny

How's Mom doing?
Thinking about it, I actually do miss the plowing. Then again I say that, but after 40 years of chasseing snow flakes I can probably do without it. I sure don't miss working ass deep in the snow for hours.
Roy
Just got back in from running the route, got maybe a couple of inches but it's mostly slush. Made a few swipes along the buildings by the doors and called it quits. Radars not showing much for today but we'll see what happens.
Mom gets sprung 3-4 times a week. Some days are better than others. I think if she had her way she'd just sit in a chair and vegetate. We keep the ole girl moving..
Denny
Keeping Mom sprung is real important, gotta stimulate the older folks or they will veg. Your doing good.
Roy

Looks like we're safe in Buffalo... ;-)
--
Joe - Linux User #449481/Ubuntu User #19733
joe at hits - buffalo dot com

We have about two feet, might get another inch or two before it finally clears out.
jmc

You could always stir up a few dozen cookies while you're stuck in the house.. <VBG>
Denny

You could always stir up a few dozen cookies while you're stuck in the house.. <VBG>
Denny
Yup, yer right, it's the season and some CCC's would be nice. C'mon Jodi, a couple of dozen all around, sure would be good. <VBG>
Roy
Suddenly, without warning, Denny exclaimed (12/19/2009 9:29 PM):

Who's stuck? C'mon guys, you know I have a 4x4 and know how to use it! Coupla feet of snow, no big deal!
In truth, I've spent the last two days taking turns with The Hubby digging the trucks out. Sometimes not having a garage sucks. Too tired to do cookies.
jmc
On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 22:51:55 -0500, jmc

The garage is *so* nice. Plow and truck inside, somewhat warm, exhaust hose so I can warm it up before I go out to plow...
Suddenly, without warning, PeterD exclaimed (12/21/2009 8:37 AM):

Way to rub it in. No cookies for you!
jmc
On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 09:20:40 -0500, jmc

OK, put me back on the cookie list, and you can use it...