Battening down the hatches!

So who else is gonna get whalloped by this east coast snowstorm?

I'm in DC, I saw one forecaster saying 26.2" of snow for my area. (!!!) Weather.com suggests 10-20. Either way, it's an unprecedented snowfall for before Christmas in this area.

I'm just mad it's falling on the weekend, it's more fun to play in the snow when I know I'm getting off from work (and getting paid for it!) to play :)

Snow! Yay!

jmc

Reply to
jmc

We have been getting a bunch of rain in FL. Enjoy the snow.

Reply to
Roy

Nuttin' much expected here, all to the south of us... Just as good, it tends to pile up slowly eating your open space in the parking lot.

Reply to
PeterD

Our forcast is for a couple of inches total. For once I wish it'd just blow by. The kids are coming home for the weekend, we're springing Mom out of the nursing home and having our Christmas on Saturday. Maybe if it would hold off till Sunday and then I can play...

Denny

Reply to
Denny

That's just cause of all the hot air radiating from those retirement communitied ya'll have down there...

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Ya gotta push it waaaaaaaaaay back

Reply to
Roy

That's just cause of all the hot air radiating from those retirement communitied ya'll have down there...

Denny

Yada, yada Your just pissed 'cause you aren't getting much. AND if the surf backs down I'll be fishing in the morning.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Our forcast is for a couple of inches total. For once I wish it'd just blow by. The kids are coming home for the weekend, we're springing Mom out of the nursing home and having our Christmas on Saturday. Maybe if it would hold off till Sunday and then I can play...

Denny

Good deal for you and the family. Enjoy!!!

That's the one draw back of living in the sun and surf. So far away from the kid's but it is what it is.

How's Mom doing?

Thinking about it, I actually do miss the plowing. Then again I say that, but after 40 years of chasseing snow flakes I can probably do without it. I sure don't miss working ass deep in the snow for hours.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Looks like we're safe in Buffalo... ;-)

Reply to
Joe

How's Mom doing?

Thinking about it, I actually do miss the plowing. Then again I say that, but after 40 years of chasseing snow flakes I can probably do without it. I sure don't miss working ass deep in the snow for hours.

Roy

Just got back in from running the route, got maybe a couple of inches but it's mostly slush. Made a few swipes along the buildings by the doors and called it quits. Radars not showing much for today but we'll see what happens.

Mom gets sprung 3-4 times a week. Some days are better than others. I think if she had her way she'd just sit in a chair and vegetate. We keep the ole girl moving..

Denny

Reply to
Denny

How's Mom doing?

Thinking about it, I actually do miss the plowing. Then again I say that, but after 40 years of chasseing snow flakes I can probably do without it. I sure don't miss working ass deep in the snow for hours.

Roy

Just got back in from running the route, got maybe a couple of inches but it's mostly slush. Made a few swipes along the buildings by the doors and called it quits. Radars not showing much for today but we'll see what happens.

Mom gets sprung 3-4 times a week. Some days are better than others. I think if she had her way she'd just sit in a chair and vegetate. We keep the ole girl moving..

Denny

Keeping Mom sprung is real important, gotta stimulate the older folks or they will veg. Your doing good.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Realized I was (by habit) pushing it on my (new) neighbor's lawn the last storm... They just moved in: "Welcome to my neighborhood, here: have some free snow on me!"

Reply to
PeterD

They will forgive you after you push the drift out of the mouth of their driveway.

Reply to
Roy

Suddenly, without warning, jmc exclaimed (12/18/2009 4:43 PM):

We have about two feet, might get another inch or two before it finally clears out.

jmc

Reply to
jmc

You could always stir up a few dozen cookies while you're stuck in the house..

Denny

Reply to
Denny

You could always stir up a few dozen cookies while you're stuck in the house..

Denny

Yup, yer right, it's the season and some CCC's would be nice. C'mon Jodi, a couple of dozen all around, sure would be good.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

jmc wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

You guys aren't used to that amount of snow. We are, so it's just an inconvenice....but the storm is going to bypass us. I'm sure we'll get hit by another one. Love those Lake snows.

When we lived in Cincinnati (suburbs) our town only had one snow plow. If it snowed more than one inch, people said it was a storm. Our family would secretly laugh to ourselves, us being from WNY.

Reply to
rochacha

A dusting (light one at that) since yesterday, don't really expect to see too much more. Weather predictions are for maybe an inch or so, just teh wrong amount, too little to plow, too much to leave!

Reply to
PeterD

Just got off the phone with mu old partner. He's the trucks out since 2AM, has about 15 inches of snow on the ground and it's still falling,

Reply to
Roy

A little breeze sprung up and blew away all that we got here. Amazing what 20 to 30 miles did to this storm. Glad I wasn't any further south or east!

Reply to
PeterD