Battery box size

I have a 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 5.2L 4WD truck. The first battery I replaced int his truck was pretty large. It filled the batter box and had no spacer on the bottom. The two replacements I've had since then have been smaller - they aren't as long and required a spacer under the battery. I just purchased an Optima, which is small like the last two batteries. I'd like to install a better spacer that not only raises the battery but also fills the gaps on each end of the battery box. I know I can buy some plastic/nylon stock and cut/route it but I'm wondering if there's another option?

** Due to SPAM I no longer receive email responses to ** newsgroup postings, so don't bother.
Reply to
Abe