Beekeep becomes a persona non grata around here today

I go to pick up my new truck today, a Toyota Tacoma. 19 years of feeling like Al Bundy is over.
Take care all.
Beekeep

Congrats on your new truck. I hope you enjoy the smell of new interior. You may not feel like Al any longer, hope you don't end up feeling like Bud. :o)
--

FMB
(North Mexico)

Jap Crap? The tag on the door jam says made in the USA.
On the other hand, I hope the motor and transmission were machined in Japan. They hold much tighter tolerances in their machine shops than they do here in the US.
beekeep

Jap crap: corporate headquarters are in Japan, not Detroit or Tallahassee.
As for machining, tighter is not always better especially for getting lube between parts.
And it'll never be as good as 727 or a 904.
Budd

Budd Cochran wrote:

Tighter doesn't mean a tighter fit, Buddd. It means dimensions are closer to what the blueprint says they should be.
Thanks for an unneccesary correction ... I worked in a muffler factory many years ago handling those close tolerances as a Journeyman Millwright.
Budd

It seems to me that your old handle was Mr.D50 around here years ago. Wasn't that a product of Mitusbitchi? Nobody here want's to hear your hypocrite Jap Crap crap. So get off your Jap made computer and go drive your German made jeep.
beekeep

Look at my email address, meadhead.
And it's Mitsubishi, btw.
Budd

On Jul 13, 6:14am, snipped-for-privacy@radix.net (beekeep) wrote:

I got to admit the Tacoma is a well built truck. I've driven several that ended up on our lot and I really wouldn't mind having one....... untill I had to buy the parts. Parts prices just seem to be a good bit higher than Dodge. And yes, you will have to buy parts sooner or later... <BG>
I've got to ask...... are you going to drop by and tell us when it breaks???? <VBG>
Denny