Best fuel mileage, and reliability pickup diesel?

That's because your parents didn't bring you up properly. You have no respect for your neighbours or any other people on the road. Heck you probably get a woody just listening to the noise that truck of yours makes... and it is noise. A Porsche, now that is a powerful sound.

Another problem is you will probably bring your kids up thinking it's OK.

Reply to
Slap

Unless you live in the middle on nowhere it should be.

Reply to
TBone

about

because

engine

large

arguments

apologize in

Reply to
Badger

I was talking more about bottom end problems. Injectors seem to be a common problem in both the 7.3 and 6.0. The injectors need to pulse too fast to do the pre-shot and then the main shot so they would stumble and you would get something similar to bucking... They dropped the pilot injection and will reintroduce it in the 07 model year with much faster computers and maybe twin turbos but now the noise from Detroit is they may just stick with the single. Interestingly enough there are quite a few who still have the PI and have had no problems so it does really appear it was a hit or miss issue. I guess the sound level issue is a personal choice. I come from the days where you wanted to hear and feel the engine running but now a days some want everything silent. I'll take it loud and clanky, if you want to talk to me speak up. The E4OD was dropped a few years back in favor for the

4R100 which was dropped for the 5R110. I haven't had the E4OD but I had a 4R100 that went out a 7k miles...the current truck has the 5R110 which is not to bad but they are going through a major recall the will end up covering everything made in 04 and 05...so once fixed I have hopes it will be a good trans. The injection fuel supply systems on most internationals are similar to what the old 2-stroke Detroit's used but with higher fuel pressures and instead of being cam actuated they are electric/hydraulic (answer somebody else's post).

mark

Reply to
r_d

Good idea, I was moose hunting and saw a big bull crossing the road about

300 yards ahead.. Stopped the truck, threw it in "park" got out and leaned across the hood to sight thru my scope, and..

the truck was shaking so much, I couldn't see thru the scope..

Had to reach back into the cab and shut off the engine..figured he'd be long gone by the time I finished that "dance"

Nope, he was still there: BANG ! Got 'im !

Rudy

That is not the point although with your replies, I can see that you just don't get it. If your truck is so loud that you cannot talk to someone else with it running (what a POS), then your neighbors must really love you when you crank up that shitbox in the morning but then again, I suspect that you really don't give a crap.

Reply to
TBone

Reply to
Frank