Best fuel mileage, and reliability pickup diesel?

Page 2 of 2

hex can be a little confusing..
0 0 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6 7 7 8 8 9 9 10 A 11 B 12 C 13 D 14 E 15 F
That would be why I like the higher level languages like C++
Adding and subtracting in Binary is a real brain twister too!

Many, many eons ago I was a tech rep. teaching the digital computer to AF technicians (It was the first airborne digital computer which was installed in the F106). I made a rash statement that I could do anything in Binary that they could do in Decimal. Some wise guy says "Yeah, lets see you do a Square Root". I put a rather simple binary number such as 49 (100011) on the blackboard and even to my amazement I was able to do it. Just don't ask me to do it now.
Badger wrote:

Primedia has a brand new magazine out called "Diesel Power". A friend of mine has a copy of issue #1 that I recently read. It has a diesel truck shootout in it and did a very good comparison on the Ford, Dodge, and GM models available this year. You might want to check it out. http://www.dieselpowermag.com

about
because
engine
large
opinion
friend of

truck
and GM

Thanks, I saw that. It seem to focus on newer vehicles though which makes sense. Clay
Not sure about Ford Diesels but I driven both Chevy and Dodge diesels. We use Chevy's at work and they all have automatic transmissions. The latest model is a 2002 and we get around 20 MPH on the highway. I drove the Dodge trucks while playing porter for my wife who sells Dodge trucks. I picked up and drove back to the dealership three in the last year. The best MPH came from a 2004 Dodge 2500 Quad cab long wheel base with auto transmission. I got 26 on the highway. This vehicle was brand new when picked up with only 3 miles on it. I had to drive it back from Tennessee to Louisiana so most of the driving was interstate with the cruise control set at 70 MPH.
Sarge
If you plan on working on it your self I'd look for a pre-98 Dodge. The old 12 valve is a breeze to work on.

Thanks for that piece. I had not considered that. Clay

about
because
engine
large