Better springs for RAM

I haul a 24' fifth wheel camper with my 1999 Ram 1500.

It sags quite a bit when hooked up, but the truck is okay to haul that size camper and weight.

I've been looking into buying Supersprings to get rid of that sag.

I really can't find anything bad about them while searching the Internet, but some before and after photos I've found that they use seem VERY deceiving. So there is doubt in my mind.

I do think these photos are fake. I found the same two pictures on an Ebay listing:

If you toggle back and forth between these two images (the photos with the load of firewood in back of a small white pickup) the tires have not even moved an inch. How can they jack up that truck, spend all that time putting the springs on, and have the tires be exactly in the same position? I use Photoshop a lot and this photo is fake. There are too many red flags. In the background there is building lumber, but yet the truck is full of firewood. I even think the load of wood in the back of the truck is another image from some other photo! And the mud flap in the back doesn't even move with the truck. The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced this a photoshop trick and does not even closely represent what these springs can do, especially if they had to use photo manipulation to get us to buy the product.

Anyone have anything to add, or suggestions on if these springs are what I need?

Thanks Steve

Reply to
Steve K

Not to mention being able to change them so quickly, that the sun never moves, and therefore the shadows are exactly the same :)

Have you looked into airbags? Firestone makes a kit that helps keep the truck level when hauling heavy (as long as you don't exceed any of your max. weight ratings - truck, axle, or tires/wheels).

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

I've installed coil over shocks on every Dodge Truck/Van I've owned. When loaded I carry up to 10 to 12 five gallon buckets of paint, or around 1000 lbs, no sag, when empty they seem to ride just fine. cost about 150,00 installed.

Reply to
The hooligan