birds chirping under dash at low speed

my '01.5 cummins powered 2500 has chirps of some sort under the dash at low speeds (15 mph or so). it almost sounds like its the drivers side shock
bushing or something but id swear its closer. my silver '01.5 did the same thing. my green '00 did the same thing. the blue '02 i test drove yesterday does the same thing. anybody have any idea what this is? it annoys the piss outta me. thanks,
Nathan In Montana http://ConcealedCarryForum.com

My '04 chirps on left turns (only, not right!)
I just turn the radio up more to drown out the noise... <bg>
(I think, but not sure, it is the plastic piece just below the steering wheel. Some day I'll check)

Mine does the same thing, only at 35 - 45 mph after driving it for 30+ minutes in a straight line over *slightly* to really bumpy roads. I thought it was the shocks, but I replaced those and I still have the chirping.
I hope someone knows what it is ... it is very irritating.
Craig C. 2004 Ram 2500, 4x4, CRD, QC
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

My 2001 truck did that. It was the transmission shift linkage. Greased the joints up and problem was gone.
Nathan W. Collier wrote:

Mine does that at stopped idle or slow speeds. Sounds like crickets. If I am stopped the chirps will go away if I press hard on the brake pedal. Pressing only lightly or not at all and I hear the chirps. Above 5-10mph it also goes away. Dunno what it is.

mine only does it at really slow (parking lot) speeds. it really annoys the piss out of me, and every similar model truck ive been in does it. i cannot believe that nobody has figured it out yet.
Nathan In Montana http://ConcealedCarryForum.com
Nathan W. Collier wrote:

Most of the chirping dash problems I have dealt with were the clips that hold the various parts in place and the plastic rubbing because of the motion of those clips.
PIA to pull the dash and put a strip of kapton tape in the areas that show friction. That eliminates the friction causing the squeaks.
--
Steve W.