Blown head gasket?

{I posted this earlier with a picture attached and I didn't realize that it was 600k, sorry 'bout that, dial-up folks}
I took the head off my 97 Ram 4x4 360 to look at the #8 cylinder since the
plug was discolored and it has a miss. here is a picture of the valves. they are both covered with yellowish-orange deposits. I see no visible cracks and am guessing that the gasket was blown but only slightly. Am I barking up the right tree or at least in the right forrest?
-Jerry
you can see the picture at:
http://xs47.xs.to/pics/05380/number_8_valves.jpg
JerryM wrote:

On close inspection of the picture at high mag I see no sign of a blown head gasket but I do see signs of the intake valve being burnt and causing your problem. The valve color is different because cylinder is running colder from valve problem and nothing more.
----------------- www.thesnoman.com

Jerry, you're referring to the exhaust valve. Bryan