Blue tooth??

Page 2 of 2
Roy wrote:

I have Bluetooth in both my Dodges and love it. Somewhere Dodge has a list of tested phones that are compatible with Mopars U-Connect bluetooth. I have a Treo 650 and a Treo 700 which both work great.
The first time you use your phone with your car you have to do whats called Pairing. It's a way for your truck and phone to initialize communication. Normally you enter a 4 digit code into the phone and use voice commands to enter the same code into the U-Connect on your truck. Once thats done you won't have to do that again.
Once paired you push the U-Connect button (Normally on your mirror) and follow the voice prompts to store names and phone numbers, dial a number, call a particular name etc.

You folks always come through, Thanks for all the info!
Now I have to decide on a phone.
Roy
Roy wrote:

Do you currently have cell phone service? If you already have sprint I can tell you how to get a bargain on the phone of your choice. I got a Treo 650 last year for $100. Typical price for a Treo is $400-$500 or with contract about $300 or so. Along with being a phone it also has internet browsing, email, and views many windows files etc.

Thanks Miles. I'm going to go with Cingular as it seems to be the carrier of choice in the area of FL I'll be running around in. Also it works well along I-95. As for phones, I really don't have any desire for all the bells and whistles. I've been looking hard at a motorola V 365. Seems to be well thought of going by the review's I've read. But, I've more looking to do.
Roy wrote:

Take a look at this site from Dodge. It has some good info and a list of compatible bluetooth phones. It lists the V360 but not the V365 but most likely its just not up to date with newer phones.
http://www.dodge.com/crossbrand/uconnect/dodge/interface.html

Thanks Miles.
Suddenly, without warning, Roy exclaimed (09-Jan-07 3:14 AM):

What's the charger's bluetooth for? Built-in handsfree for the cell?
But yea, follow the instructions, probably for the phone's bluetooth, you'll have to turn it on and get the two to talk to each other. Once they 'recognize' each other, you're golden. I think.
But something to remember about bluetooth: If your phone has it on and you're carrying it around - in a crowd, perhaps - it'll likely connect to any other bluetooth device around. This is how cellphones get viruses. So remember to turn bluetooth off when not using it.
I got a bluetooth headset, but never really use it, so the above is about my total experience with the technology.
jmc

Yup.
That's real good to know. Thanks
Roy

Turn on your phones Bluetooth - it's off by default. Go to Bluetooth devices and let it search. It will find the Bluetooth receiver in the car. Have it "paired" and you're done. My son uses his in his Cjarger all the time. Simple.