Borgeson steering shaft

I installed a Borgeson steering shaft this morning. The quality of the unit looks like top shelf.
It was an easy install, there was only one way the bottom splines would
line up and there was only one way the top joint would line up.
Unfortunately, my steering wheel is now 90 degrees off center. I did not read about or see any adjustment on the shaft itself. Can my steering wheel be straightened with front end adjustments or have I just gotten a defective steering shaft?
You'll have to pull the steering wheel to get it closer to straight.I had the same issue when I got my borgeson but it really doesn't bother me.

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 12:47:58 -0400, DonStaples wrote:

This is an airbag steering wheel - no small job. I expected more from this company considering the price.
Looks like I'll have to return it......
Mine installed with no problem at all. Maybe you need to reinstall it possibly???
Laszlo Almasi
On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 15:30:32 -0400, Carolina Watercraft Works wrote:

I don't think so. There's only one way the unit could be assembled according to the instructions. The only possible other way to install it would result in the steering wheel being 90 degrees out in the opposite direction.
Hhmm....my shaft was splined which allowed me to position the wheel properly. I'm sure there is something you may have overlooked. I'd double check the shafts.
Laszlo Almasi

Call them Monday and see what they say. My guess is to adjust the tie rod length from the steering box until the wheel is straight. Greg
On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 17:41:28 -0500, Greg O wrote:

Borgeson got back with the owner and told him to file a new flat on the D shaped spine shaft of the steering box. The new flat could then be used to lock down the set screw.
The owner opted to take the truck to a front end shop and see if the drag link can adjust far enough to straighten out the wheel. I guess he'll return the steering shaft if the mechanic can't adjust it out.

Funny, the bottom end on my Borgeson shaft slides on where ever I want it to.
--
Max

Your steering box shaft wasn't "D"-shaped?
On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 22:49:36 +0000, Tom Lawrence wrote:

His must be a different year.
The one I installed had a D-shaped splined lower at the steering box. The locking bolt could only screw down on the flat of the "D". If it were screwed down anywhere else, it would damage the spine.

No, in fact that was my complaint about the original int. shaft. It had half the splines missing on a circular hole, when the box shaft had spline all the way around. The Borgeson unit engaged all of the spline on the box shaft, and I've "adjusted" it by a "click" or two several times.
--
Max