Braggin Rights :)

This kinda preludes my post about the leaking injector. Thursday morning, driven to work on the south loop, a buddy I work with pulls up alongside in
his "company ride" it is a 02 Ford F-150 2-wd reg cab long bed with a 351 or what ever they call them now, and a auto Trans. he starts goosing it. I'm running 65 @ about 1700 (locked up good an tight) so I called him on the cell phone, he asked if I wanted to race, I said naw, but I would let him try to pull me the rest of the way if he wanted :). he say what are you worried about? that "damn dodge" breaking down? at "breaking down" I tried to put the fuel peddle throw the floor board, a couple of seconds later I'm running 100 and the ford is about 100 yd's behind and loosing ground. so I let off the fuel and let him catch up. this time I let him jump first, his cab was about even with my front bumper when I hit the fuel again, and that was as far as he got, by 100 I was a good truck length ahead. when we got to the yard he was actually bragging on the dodge. he3 said that he saw a little puff of whit smoke when I let "off" the fuel, so I popped the hood and found the leak.
if you are still reading here are my questions:
I never black smoke, is this caused by the CAT?
I want to adjust the fuel plate, but should I wait until I install a EGT gauge?
--
Billy
1995 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins