Brake / ABS warning lamp

Group, I am wondering if any of you are aware of a problem in the newer Ram trucks (mine?s an 03). Recently while driving, my Brake and ABS warning lamp came on and the speedo immediately dropped to Zero and stayed there..... Anyone have any idea what happened without getting plugged in to the OBDII?

Any input would be appreciated Bill

Reply to
wmichell227

Failure of the rear wheel speed sensor. Common problem - easy fix. If it's still under warranty, you can go that route, or you can fix it yourself for about $30. Unplug the electrical from the sensor, located on top of the rear differential housing, then unbolt the sensor hold-down bracket. You'll probably have to remove another nut and move the brake line out of the way in order to remove the sensor. Put the new one in, bolt everything back down, and re-install the electrical connector. Should take about 5 minutes.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

It sounds like the speed sensor in the rear axle has either failed or the connector came off of it. It is located on the top of the rear axle.

Reply to
TBone

"" wrote: > > I am wondering if any of you are aware of a problem in the > newer Ram > > trucks (mine's an 03). Recently while driving, my Brake and > ABS > > warning lamp came on and the speedo immediately dropped to > Zero and > > stayed there..... Anyone have any idea what happened without > getting > > plugged in to the OBDII? > > Failure of the rear wheel speed sensor. Common problem - easy > fix. If it's > still under warranty, you can go that route, or you can fix it > yourself for > about $30. Unplug the electrical from the sensor, located on > top of the > rear differential housing, then unbolt the sensor hold-down > bracket. You'll > probably have to remove another nut and move the brake line > out of the way > in order to remove the sensor. Put the new one in, bolt > everything back > down, and re-install the electrical connector. Should take > about 5 minutes.

Thank You very much! I appreciate the quick response

Reply to
wmichell227

"wmichell227" wrote: > Thank You very much! I appreciate the quick response

By the way, you were 100% right! dropped the truck off at the dealer and got it back 2 days later with a new rear wheel speed sensor.

Parts cost $24.95 Labor $95.00

Thank God it was only a month old, they didn?t charge me a dime!

Reply to
wmichell227