Brake and ABS warning lights

Hi Group, I've got a 2001 Ram 4x4 Quad cab. The Brake and ABS indicator lights are staying on, checked fuses (ok), cycled the parking brake a few times (no help). No fluids are leaking and braking pressure is fine (except
I don't feel the pulsing when aggressive brake testing, the rear wheels are locking at this point). Any ideas? Thanks in advance.....rm
Hi Group, I've got a 2001 Ram 4x4 Quad cab. The Brake and ABS indicator lights are staying on, checked fuses (ok), cycled the parking brake a few times (no help). No fluids are leaking and braking pressure is fine (except I don't feel the pulsing when aggressive brake testing, the rear wheels are locking at this point). Any ideas? Thanks in advance.....rm
Two or Four wheel ABS?
"rm" < snipped-for-privacy@cableone.net> wrote in message

-Chris
05 CTD
Possibly but on his year that would also be causing problems with his speedometer.
"Christopher Thompson" < snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net> wrote in message
I had the same problem on a 1999 Ram plus cruise control wouldn't work. It turns I had knocked the brake light switch loose. It's an install and set once part and cannot be adjusted and once I had knocked it out of it's mount it would not align properly. It cost me about $15 to replace.
To test (I don't know for sure if it's the same for a 2001, put I guess they would use the same switch... Remove the electrical connector at the switch The terminals on the brake lite switch are numbered 1 at the end away from the plunger and 6 closest to the plunger. Depress brake pedal and pull the plunger all the way out and test resistance between pings 5 and 6. If there is a complete open of a complete short the switch is bad. Release brake pedal to fully push plunger back in and test between pins 1 and 2. If the switch is completely open it is bad.

Well, whatever I knocked loose (I suppose), got knocked right back to correctness after sitting overnight in the driveway (weird errant electrons)...Thanks for the responses and I hope I can repay with some knowledge