brake controller mounting

i got my prodigy friday but didnt open it until today (i was logging in via remote desktop on my home system, but ive been in seattle on business for
the past several days). it looks like a great system, although my rotary dial sits crooked a little. it took about 5 minutes to mount and plug in on the '01. on the '04.5 its a little different. im hesitant to drill holes on the new dodge until im _sure_ its where i want it. any reason why i sould mount it on one side or the other? any pictures of your controllers mounted? thanks,
--
Nathan W. Collier
http://7SlotGrille.com

I mounted mine on the knee bolster panel, just to the right of the steering wheel. I put it on the right side so I didn't inadvertently bang it with my knee/leg upon entry. I also chose to put it on the knee panel, so that if I _SOMEHOW_ screwed it up, the panel could be easily replaced (it comes off with two screws on the bottom).
Others have removed the ash tray, and mounted it in there. If you have the center cubby hole, it could be mounted there as well.
You can mount it temporarily with double-sided tape or Velcro (if you're using the pocket mount), to make sure it's where you want it/easily reachable/readable while driving. Once you're happy with the placement, drill the holes.
I too have a prodigy. Check in the instructions because mine has to be level and in the direction of travel. It can't be sidways like the old ones.

It has to be in the direction of travel, but it doesn't have to be level. It can be mounted up to 70-some degrees from level. Mine sits at about 45-50, right up against the bottom of the dash, and it works just fine.
do you have a single red LED lit up even when nothing is plugged in? my power button is crooked and im just wondering if its broken. i wont have anything to pull to test it with until the 6th when my trailer arrives.
--
Nathan W. Collier
http://7SlotGrille.com

level.
TranSurgeon wrote:

The prodigy has a single led lit always. 2 leds means boost is on. If there is no trailer connected, it comes up NC if you apply the brake manually (little lever). Best brake controller out there..IMO Greg

Yep - normal. In fact, the Prodigy is "always on". It shuts itself down after some period of non-use (30 minutes? 1 hour? Not sure - never timed it), but comes back on instantly when the brake pedal is depressed. When the trailer is hooked up, it should display ".c" - meanin connected. When you apply the brakes, it will read out a deminal number, indicating the amount of current being supplied to the brakes.