brake controllers

i currently have a prodigy that has served me very well. today i had the 5th wheel hitch installed in my new dodge and while there the dealer showed
me the new "p3" from tekonsha. it was so new (at least to him) that he had to call for pricing information. he says he will sell it to me for $169. he says its better than my prodigy, but could not tell me exactly how. the prodigy can be installed at an angle, but the p3 has to be horizontal (sorta tough to do in the dash of the new dodge).
the link is http://www.tekonsha.com/p3.html can anybody tell me if this unit is worth buying if i already have a functional prodigy? is it really "the best money can buy"? thanks,
Nathan In Montana http://ConcealedCarryForum.com

If you're happy with your Prodigy (as I am with mine), I see no reason to switch it out for something that's less convenient to mount, and does the exact same job, just with more colors and more blinking lights.
Newer for the sake of newer isn't necessarily a good thing.
Nathan W. Collier wrote:

The P3 can be mounted at any vertical angle unlike the Prodigy which must be no more than 60 degrees or so. The P3's only mounting requirement is that it's front/rear axis must be parallel to the trucks front/rear axis, same requirement on almost all controllers.
$169 is rather steep. CampingWorld is $159. RVWholeSalers.com is $129.