Brake Fluid

Hi My 1999 DGC 89K i constantly put brake fluid in BUT there is no leakage.Hmmm, sometimes the brake pedal go to the floor then about a few moments
later there is a lot of white smoke for a while then it's fine, This is the second time that has happened....any info???
--
travis

Fairys, are ripping you off.

travis wrote:

sometimes the brake pedal go to the floor then about a few moments later there is a lot of white smoke for a while then it's fine, This is the second time that has happened....any info???
Your master cylinder is leaking into the brake booster, which uses engine vacuum to operate, this is why you're getting the white smoke (burning brake fluid).
I'd start by looking for a new (or reman) master cylinder and a new/used/reman brake booster. I can't imagine a brake booster surviving long after fluid exposure.
JS
or BUY BOTH USED FROM car-part.com http://car-part.com /

He's already got a used master cylinder... It works like one too.
Brake booster you can live without, a working master cylinder you can't.
JS
dick wrote:

I agree. As a mechanic, using used brake parts is playing russian roulette. From real low mileage late models, perhaps.

"dick" <puter413ATyahoo.com> wrote in message

No way with used brake parts! Buy then new!!
Roy

i agree. use ONLY new parts for this fix.
--
-Chris
05 CTD
Christopher Thompson wrote:

I half agree.
Theres nothing wrong with a used brake booster, if its cheap (they're not that expensive new, usually). Its not like losing the brake booster suddenly makes your brakes useless. The master cylinder on the other hand can give you a complete brake failure and thats simply unacceptable.
JS
On Fri, 9 Jun 2006 04:01:55 +0200, travis

sometimes the brake pedal go to the floor then about a few moments later there is a lot of white smoke for a while then it's fine, This is the second time that has happened....any info??? Your master cyl is leaking in to the booster.The engine is burning the fluid. Get it fixed NOW!