Brakes grabbing on 01 dakota

I just replaced the rotors and pads on my 01 dakota quad cab 3.9 last summer.I noticed it before,but even more since I changed them that there seems to be no gradual braking,its all at the end of the pedal travel and it
grabs hard on both sides,not just one. I havent checked the rears yet as we had a ice storm,but I really noticed this in the snow lol. Is this just how the dakota stops or is this a sign of a bad master cylinder,etc? Its like the first 90% of the pedal travel doesn't do much and then when you push harder,they lock up.

Check your rear brakes to make sure they are adjusted properly. While you are in there clean out any brake dust that may have accumulated. Don't forget to check for leaking wheel cylinders or axle seals, either one will cause the brakes to grab. If the brakes front and rear seem fine then I would look at the master cylinder next.
RH wrote:

Does it grab "evenly" or when it does it, does it pull to one side? If the latter, then I agree with RH that it's probably brake fluid leakage getting on the rotor.
--
John Corliss

No its definitely even,I am thinking the rears might not be working.

1. Does this have ABS? 2. Did you check the rear brakes at all? 3. Proportioning valve working right?
I'd guess the rear brakes are not working much or at all.

No I havent checked the rears yet. Hopefully snow will melt this week so I can do them,I hate rear brakes,I might take it somewhere.