Brakes on 99 Durango

Our 99 Durango is supposed to have anti lock brakes but I'm not sure if their working right.

Braking in a panic situation still leads to a rear wheel lock up even on dry pavement. I have already bled the brakes and add fresh fluid to the system and checked connections.

Any ideals as to what the engineers at dodge might have goofed on this time (remember the ball joints)?

Reply to
Granville

Did they ever work?

Reply to
.boB

Try them on gravel. Go about 30 MPH and just stand on the brakes.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

They lock up on gravel, wet pavement, dry pavement or what ever surface you happen to be on when they are hit hard.

Granville

Reply to
Granville

check and clean the rear wheel sensor. I am guesing you only have rear wheel ABS? From what I understand you don't have a pulsing sensation either, like some cars.

Reply to
EDTHEWARD