Break a tire

Is it possible to break a tire at home or you need the machine at themechanics to do it?

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

It's possible, but dangerous. I've done it by laying the wheel and tire flat on the driveway with the valve core removed and driving over the tire section with a junker car. When the bead is broken flip the wheel over and do it again for the other side. If you have alloy wheels they will probably get ruined by this process and fender damage on the bead breaker car is possible. You need an air compressor with good flow to get the bead seated again. One of those cigarette lighter operated ones likely won't do it. Of course there is starting fluid and matches but that's a whole new level of dangerous.
--
Ken

You had me cracking up when I read "Of course there is starting fluid and matches but that's a whole new level of dangerous." Thanks for the advise, I think I'll take it to a tire shop
On 11 Mar 2006 08:28:13 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

<clare at snyder.on.ca> wrote in message wrote:

I've done tires using a HI-Lift jack, mainly motorcycle tires. Never wanted to mess with auto tires.
Ken
ive done trailer tires with a couple of prybars and a 3lb hammer. but isnt much fun.
--
-Chris
05 CTD