Brought back a clunk from Scotland :)

Partway through our long roadtrip through the western wilds of Scotland, my truck (2001 Dak) started making a new noise and feel. There's a distinct 'clunk' kind of noise, which can be felt in the steering wheel.
First thing I checked was the power steering fluid, which was a bit low, so I topped that off. Noise is still there.
It only seems to happen when the truck's completely warmed up, and seems to be triggered by depressing the brake pedal (tho it could be the clutch pedal, since I'm generally using them at the same time).
At one point, there was also a distinct ClunkClunkClunk, felt in the steering wheel, as I accelerated. It would happen in first or second, and would only happen once during an acceleration. That hasn't happened since I topped up the fluid, but I was still wondering what might be causing that.
Dunno if it's related, but the rattle I've reported as being in the back end, seems to actually be in the front - realized this when riding as a passenger (which I don't do much in my own truck) with the window open. From there, it's clearly coming from somewheres in the vicinity of the right side wheel well. The brakes and suspension were recently checked, pronounced good, and this made no difference to the rattle.
Are either of these noises just the kind of general rattle a truck gets to making over time, or what should I have a mechanic look at?
jmc
Sounds like a ball joint, idler arm, pitman arm or tie rod end. In that order. Steve

EDTHEWARD wrote:

Bad motor mount(s)?
--
Cheers, Bev