Built like a Mercedes (?)

:) :) nice. :) :)

Reply to
theguy

lol Roy! Usenet is full of people that will argue anything.

Reply to
miles

I have been over there. I also personally know several that live in the UK. I do not believe there is anywheres near the proportion of recreational towing that there is in the USA. When traveling in the rural country of England I saw a few RV's here and there but they were very few. Everywhere I drive here, day, night, winter, summer there are numerous RV's on the highways. Sometimes bumper to bumper. Try driving from Palm Springs, California to Los Angeles on I-10 on the last day of a holiday weekend. It's bumper to bumper for over 50 mile stretch of RV's. Pretty much the same all over the USA. Until shown otherwise I'll stand by my statement that there are FAR more RV's being towed in the USA than in the UK.

Reply to
miles

A variation of a joke told in the U.S. about a Texas rancher.

Bill Putney

They are different contexts. When you reply to a business e-mail you are generally carrying on a conversation with another person or small group, one that is fairly well-remembered by all the parties involved. The reader doesn't need the quote except for reference. When you reply to Usenet you are involved in a discussion with a large group of people, many of whom are involved in several other discussion threads also. The reader needs the quote just to establish which particular discussion the message refers to.

Reply to
Matthew T. Russotto

The quote is needed in both cases. The issue is where that quote gets placed.

Reply to
miles

Is NOT!

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

You may want to suggest that she delete text that she's not directly responding to. That will shorten the length of the post (sometimes considerably). This will lessen, or even eliminate, the need to scroll down. Note that I deleted the first 13 lines of the post I responded to. Had I not, you most likely would have had to scroll down to read my reply.

Reply to
Arif Khokar

My experience with Netscape 4.x was that it would stop working after a few minutes. I ended up using OE until Netscape 6 came out. After I found that Mozilla releases updates more often than Netscape, I switched to that.

Reply to
Arif Khokar

I used Netscape 4.x for quite a long time without problems. I now use Thunderbird. Works great.

Reply to
miles

top bottom styles benefits drawbacks. are and arguments be for against style. about one "best" stupid.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

It doesn't change the fact that it makes it more difficult to establish context. When I correspond by email, I do it the same way I post to usenet (trim irrelavent text and type right below what I'm responding to). Sometimes I go as far as reformatting an email to look more like a usenet post (using an external editor like gvim makes it really easy).

Reply to
Arif Khokar

I I t t r ' h h e h m e i l a n e v c m g v e o e a n s a n y c s n t e e a d t r g t n e t e t e h x o d t e t , h n s e a e i y t n e f ' y d r p a o e e t n n y e r w p a e h e r i p a g s l t t u y h m n i t e e o n h i n t g e r t y d t p t i o w e h r , a r a e n t t c t t i t h e n t l e d a o y n n p t t r t o p e h r o s e s e s p y a s t o y p i n s . o n d h n g i o s n u I e h g l f a d b s t o e o j n l a u e o a s w b n t i e y s i n d , t e s e . f p l t i e e h t c t e . i e n f i t o A c h n s e l p y f a w a r h q r t o u l o a o e t s f e

Reply to
Arif Khokar

In the UK, recreational trailers ( other than the dreaded 'caravans' ) are all but unknown.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

I had that. Turn Javascript off. That usually fixed it.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

That's very good of you.

No doubt you drive your correspondents nuts by deleting parts of the correspondence and fiddling everything else. Aside from anything else, it could be considered midly rude. If you think you could apply that to usenet my response is this is not a business conversation on which anything depends.

At 'worst' I might be seeking information which I don't get because somebody who has this info does not reply because he/she hates top-posters. I postulate that that such people are rare.

Hang loose, maaaan.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

I bet the biggest 'towers' in Europe as a fraction of population are the Dutch... what with all their caravans, but they use regular saloon (sedan) cars for that.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Thank you.

No, it doesn't affect them in the least. My messages are much easier to read because they are much shorter than the original and are right to the point.

Perhaps you're not capable of determining the pertinant parts of a given message. That's your problem, not mine.

FYI, you've already been killfiled in my regular newsreader. I only happened to see your out of context response because I'm posting through google.

That problem can be easily solved at your end. All you need to do is find the relevant text and start typing below there. Top posting is like interrupting a conversation and saying what you want to say regardless of context. Then people who were listening lose track of what was going on.

Reply to
Arif Khokar

well, arif, you are just a really nice and proper person. i would like to tell you how impressed that makes me. but i can't because i don't want to lie to you.

good day there mate.

Reply to
theguy