Built like a Mercedes (?)

no problem.

Reply to
theguy

Plus one.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Even instant messenger programs follow the same convention. The most recent message appears at the bottom.

Reply to
Arif Khokar

Nerr- nerr. My car's better than your car ! :-p

Silly twit !

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

'theguy' is a truly class act piece of trash.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

's_law Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

It works just fine for my newsgroups requirements.

Upgrading for its own sake is a mug's game.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Huw keeps forgetting his White Rabbits and No Returns.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

thank you graham, err pooh bear. i wish that i could return the favor but then............ well.....you know.

i certainly do appreciate that i have had an imact upon you and arif. you see, it is the small things that make life worth while.

Reply to
theguy

Never let a lawyer steal your best jokes and write his own Wiki pages.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Ya know I'm starting to get a visual on this "pooh bear". I can't for the life of me undestand why a adult male would pick a chidlike name. But it is what it is.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

This being the internet, why did you ever assume it was an adult male???????

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Well ol' pooh signs it's posts Graham. But what the hell does that prove? Anyway you turned out to be a pink rabbit, although packing heat!

Roy

Reply to
Roy

i don't think that is what graham, aka pooh bear, is packing though.

Reply to
theguy

Message from Pooh Bear written on 2/5/2006 7:31 AM:

You may want to review the laundry list of vulnerabilities that outdated software can expose your PC to. It's really a "best practices" question.

Reply to
jcr

But I use the browser as well. Many websites will not be handled correctly by Netscape 4.x, and, in my case, caused the application to freeze. Also, using an insecure OS like Win 98 doesn't help matters either.

Reply to
Arif Khokar

Thats commercial towing. Any major highway in the USA is chocked full of commerical trailers daily year round. I'm not sure what your point is. There are far more recreational trailers in the USA than in the UK. No comparison.

Reply to
miles

Perhaps you can enlighten me what vulnerabilities exist reading newsgroups.

I use Opera for web browsing.

My AV is set to auto-update ( it normally does so daily ) and I'm using a recent version of Zone Alarm.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Obviously an older browser won't handle websites with all the clutter features that exist now.

I use Opera for browsing.

What's so insecure about W98(SE) btw ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Given nearly 5x the population that's hardly surprising.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear