Built like a Mercedes (?)

Page 5 of 17
DTJ wrote:
...Take a look

Heh heh! That's like using the statistic that 35% of auto accidents with injuries or fatalities involve drinking and driving, therefore the problem *must* be drivers who don't drink since the overwhelming majority of drivers involved in such accidents had not been drinking. An example of how statistics can mislead to the erroneous conclusions.
I'm not saying your opinion of Outlook Express is right or wrong, but the logic of your example doesn't support your conclusion.

Now this is at least a logical response.
************************* Dave

No, and I don't read page 1, then page 1-2, then page 1-3, 1-4, etc. When reading down through a thread, it's helpful to ignore all the crap that I've already read...
Tom Lawrence wrote:

Sensible trimming fixes that ( as per my post ).
Graham

Yep... and of course, everyone does that, right? :)
On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 13:20:51 GMT, "Tom Lawrence"

Re-read the original post - people who fail to trim their quoted text properly are every bit as bad a top-posters. In fact, posters often commit both offenses in the same post: they hit reply, type in their response at the top of the edit buffer, and then hit send - their quoted text comes along as unneeded, excess, bandwidth-wasting baggage.
--
What the heck, I'll play too.
- Dave

Oh but Scott, didn't you read the top posting bullshit about how everyone now has a 20GB connection, and we have 900 terrabyte drives on every one of the billion servers that Giganews has. Come now, why should we be concerned with waste. We are Americans by God!!!!
************************* Dave
Tom Lawrence wrote:

That's why you delete stuff you're not directly responding to, just like I did.
Arif Khokar wrote:

Maybe moving the mouse is too tricky for these guys ?
Graham
On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 07:32:43 +0000, Pooh Bear

Not too tricky - just too much work.
--
What the heck, I'll play too.
- Dave

Okay... I don't personally do it, because I also like to edit out irrelevant parts. I just don't get my nuts in a vise over it and predict the downfall of human civilization when someone puts their comments at the top.
Thanks for the education...
On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 01:25:53 GMT, "Tom Lawrence"

Who has done that?
I merely make use of the fact that repeat top-posters frequently do so out of arrogance - as if to say "fuck you, I don't have to obey any social conventions." People with this sort of attitude generally don't have anything valuable to contribute to a discussion. I figure I might as well use it as a leading indicator and PLONK them right away, saving valuable time.
--
What the heck, I'll play too.
- Dave

And he can block me too. It might reduce his posts, which have been mostly anger-driven, abusive drivel.
DAS
"Budd Cochran" <mr-d150@preciscom SPAM.net> wrote in message
news:43dff0e0$0$27792$ snipped-for-privacy@titian.nntpserver.com...

Exactly, lazy slobs top post.
People who take the time and energy to actually be considerate, trim there messages, and post at the bottom of the relevant quoted content.
Marty
Martin Joseph wrote:

I totally agree.
The importance of trimming cannot be underestimated either. Proper trimming alone answers most of the 'criticism' that top-posters offer.
Graham
Pooh Bear wrote:
Proper trimming makes the reasons for bottom posting weak as well. It all comes down to personal preference. Why get bothered by something so simple either way?

Well Miles, please allow me try to answer you. When you have nothing else to do and you become a anal twit, bitching about where people respond to a friggin' mindless thread may soon be the high point of your life. Rest assured Miles if I had more time to devote I could probably come up with more bullshit just like these idiots. Please play nice with them.
Roy

Roy wrote:

lol Roy! Usenet is full of people that will argue anything.