Bushing noise, Dakota

I mentioned a rather loud suspension squeak/groan/whatever when I took my 98 Dakota in for a tire rotation. they said probably bushings, could replace but might get noisy again in short order, they put
something on them to quiet them down. It worked! Got to find out what they used next time I'm by there.