cali travel?

any recommendations on visiting california with exhaust modifications? im pulling my 5th wheel down to disney land soon and want to know if i can
expect a hassle due to my exhaust modifications. fwiw, montana has no vehicle inspections therefore we can pretty much do what we want up here. i just dont want trouble when i roll into california. thanks,
--
Nathan In Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com

"Nathan W. Collier" < snipped-for-privacy@way.spam.com> wrote in message
TBone wrote:

I was under the impression (perhaps false impression) that if the vehicle is registered and is current in the state of primary residence that all other states had to allow passage. Especially since many of the roads are actually funded by the federal government.
Texas' restrictions are fairly mild. I've been to Cali before in my vehicles with no problem. I know you can't purchase any of the vehicles I own in Cali without special equipment, yet they allowed me to stay there for a few months. Why would the exhaust mods be any different? (Unless they were breaking some other ordinance, like noise). Further, how do 18-wheelers handle coming and going freely in and out of Cali? Lord knows, many of those rigs are modified.
Craig C.
As I said, a noisy exhaust will draw attention and he would probably be harassed due to that and cited for noise infractions. If it was still reasonably quiet, I doubt that they would do anything or even bother to look since the vehicle is an out of state vehicle.
"Craig C." < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message

You mean like towing over your GCVWR? :)

i wouldnt think that part would matter since my truck is licensed for 26,000.
--
Nathan In Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com

I recommend that you stay out of the communist state and come to AZ!
Nathan W. Collier wrote:

straight exhaust is legal in California, for pre 2006 diesels

ive never heard that before. thanks!
--
Nathan In Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com
The only vehicle inspections we have are emmissions testing for re-registration. I wouldn't worry about it.