caravan serpentine

Anyone know the year when dodge fixed the serpentine belt problem? By that, I mean this belt slipping off when wet?

I have a 2000, 70k for mile. it never once happened to me, and I drove in rain plenty of times. I had the vehicle in last week for an unrelated repair, and had the belt replaced, also the tensioner at the dealer recomendation.

Today, it is raining, and the belt is off. They gave me a song and dance about it, but eventually agreed to tow my disabled vehicle so they could have a look. During this conversation is when he told me about this 'problem'. I advised him I never once had this 'problem', and it seems very coincidental that the belt comes off the first rainy day since last week when they replaced it.

Any help or guidance here one be greatly appreciated.

Dave Lee

Reply to
Dave Lee

Clyde

It might be fixed right, we don't take it very far when it is raining.

Reply to
dave