carb needed for 73

Page 2 of 5
I need a holley carb for a 73 with a 360 engine.
If you have a known good one you want to part with, email me. Thanks"

Now, just where the heck did you find that information in a post that says nothing about it?

Kinda like you? My point was that without INFORMATION you can not make an accurate diagnosis. Since the OP didn't give mileage on the engine, condition of the carb, etc., the logical thing to do is ask, not assume.

That's why Holley reccommended the carb gasket with the spacers built into the bolt/stud holes. If you don't have one, torque 1/4" fasteners to 15 in/lb and 5/16" to 23 in/lb.
Budd

He is asking for a known good one, IOW, one that is either functional or rebuildable which indicates that his is either too far gone, he can't find a rebuild kit, or the carb for that engine is gone.

time.

Yea Budd, that Christian light of yours is burning as brightly as always. Buddism at its best, LOL!

Who is trying to make any diagnosis here? I am not trying to determine what is wrong with his carb (if he even still has it), but some assumptions can be made and if his carb was in good condition, I doubt that he would be here asking for another one (unless he is a collector of them, LOL). The fact is Budd that he should know that they can be rebuild and if he is asking for another known good one, he is choosing not to for whatever reason and with a 33 year old unit..... It could be as simple as he has never done one before and doesn't want to waste the time and money attempting it for the first time on that relic that may be showing obvious wear and corrosion.

What Holly recommended 33 years ago and what happened to is since are not always the same thing. Did you do some studying on those electrical circuits and Ohm's Laws yet?

One wild GUESS after another . . . wouldn't it be SMARTER on your part to ask questions and not GUESS???

Are you bringing religion into the thread? HEY, EVERYONE!!! T-BONE'S BRINGING RELIGION INTO THE THREAD.

And even more reason to ask and not make asssumptions, Tom. Maybe he wants to learn to rebuild carbs, maybe not. You CANNOT know for sure unless you ask.
Maybe it is beyond repair, maybe not, but don't guess, ask.
Btw, how many BRAND NEW carbs ( Holley or Carter) do you GUESS are being made for that vehicle today? Any carb he gets is probably going to be 30+ years old.

The gaskets are still available at Parts Plus, NAPA, and most other auto stores.

Yep. You?
Budd

find

Nope because it doesn't matter. He did not ask for an opinion and even if he did, my response was not to him anyway.

may

always.

Actually Budd, I'm not. I am however, bringing your actions into it and how what you say is seldom what you do.

assume.

can

fact

for

with

The point is Budd is that he didn't ask for an opinion or a diagnosis and my response was not to him.

Why should I? He did not ask for my opinion.

There are still after market carbs available as well as rebuilds of the factory models and as you say, being 30+ years old, they are getting harder to locate.

not

What does that have to do with anything? Just because they are available doesn't mean that the owner or multiple owners used them and cracking can come from other means than improper mounting.

I don't have to as I already am proficient there. Did you learn that increasing resistance does not increase current flow?

I didn't think you'd be interested in asking questions . . .

Obviously you intent was to start an argument and try to drag religious content into it.

Wrong again.

No, it was another attempt to start an argument, as per your normal inclinations.

Nor did he ask for mine, but I did try to find out his exact needs, unlike you.

rebuilds or remanufactrured (repaired to OEM specs).

Really? The only method I can think of is a wreck or using a hammer to "adjust" them.

Yep. You?

Bragging again, mr supermechanic?
Budd

Huge difference between you and him Budd, (I am sure I am k/f'd by you as I am by Stormin Moron, because I am offensive) Tom is using the word God in part as an expresive statement, you on the other hand RAM it down everyone's throat.
If you want to play PKB, at least do it in the correct context.
No, Larry, you're not K/F'd.
In the past, I've done nothing more than he has done in this thread and been ripped for it, time and time again.
Add to that that I've been "WARNED" by him and others about religious content in my threads and what will happen if I do.
Judge me by the same rules you use for others, if you dare.
Budd

So you change the rules? Figures.

But it won't happen
Budd

I give up.

Given your attitude you are probably correct.

No, that would be YOUR attitude that will make it true.
Budd

Yup, that about say's it. If it isn't me it would be sombody else. But we know who it wouldn't be and that is YOU. Because your attitude is just wonderful.
Now for a reality check, I could care less what ya do or say. In most of your post's somebody is WRONG or has done something WRONG or done something to offend you. Reading what you write one can about see the anger dripping off your words. Gotta be a sad situation to go through life with that much anger and turmoil. But then again you really seem to enjoy it. But I suppose you get out of life what you put into it, so I guess you have pretty much balanced out.

When your pecker stops working, what else is there to do?
beekeep

been
That is incorrect Budd. You bring up scripture from the Bible and then tell us what to believe and that if we don't all follow your lead than we are wrong. There was none of that here. All I did was show your actions and how they don't conform to what you say you believe in. If you can't even follow what you say, how could you expect anyone else to take you seriously and this is in all things, not just religion.

Now it sounds like you were threatened and that is a load of crap. All I and others said that if you wish to force your religious beliefs on others, even after being ASKED not to, then expect probable negative reactions to it.

Agreed.

As Yogi Berra said, "Deja vue all over again."
You were just as wrong then as you are now.

Nope, you wont. You've already failed to do so.
Budd

Budd, I can not judge anyone as I do not hold the natural or super natural abilities to do so. However, I know you have done nothing more then that is the past and I have never said anything to you about it. There is a huge difference for some one to make a statement such as "Oh God, not again" and a statement such as "You're beliefs are wrong, there for you are going to burn in hell"
Had he said something like the later, I would have said the same to him as has been said to you. No more, no less, you I doubt, no correction, I know you will not believe that.

As long as you continue to blame me for what is different between faiths, then this will all continue for all I did was state what the Bible says or what is the difference between denominations that make some Christian, some Christian pretenders and some outright cults.
If you don't like it then it's your problem. Take it up with God. I don't want to hear it.

From what you have called me, from how you REFUSED to accept my side ( and probably still refuse it) what the heck do you expect me to believe out of you? Take some responsibility yourself, Larry.
Cya.
Budd

Budd, what on earth are you talking about? Where did I, or anyone for that matter, blame you for differences between faiths. That is just such an assinine statement to make. Quite contratry to that, we have ALL been trying to get you to admit to that fact and to accept it yourself.
Knock yourself silly with your statements about what the bible says, or about what your feelings are between demoninations. BUT you MUST understand, like it or not, that those are YOURS and YOURS alone. I (we) do not and will not feel the same as you and you can not make me (us). If you would just accept that, and respect everyones feelings when we have asked you to stop forcing it on us, the world would be happy once again.

Blah Blah Blah, I have taken it up with him and he said you are out there. :)

I never refused to accept your side of any story. I read ALL your posts REPEATEDLY! I tried to reason with you, FAILURE. I tried emailing you, FAILURE. I tried arguing with you, FAILURE. So, please, tell me again how I am the one that is wrong? All I EVER asked you to do is to stop trying to "convert" me to your way of thinking about religion. No more, no less. I didn't then, don't now and never will think, feel or believe about religion as you. That is why, you are you and I am me. Accept it Budd, people are fucking different! Period, end of discussion, you can't change that.
Aloha!!

And the point is that you didn't need to.
In my experience, I have found most Mormons, like Stormin, for example, have never been told they do not worship the same Jesus as the one in the Bible. It's a denomination that tells lies to convert people. How is that good? I have found that most Catholics believe they HAVE to pray thru the "Holy Chain of Command" to get an answer (not supported by Scripture, btw), most Pentecostals think pspeaking in tongues is a requirement of salvation amd they can be taught how to do it (also not supported by scripture).
Answer this: would you, not anyone else, you rather know what is changed in your denomination from what the earliest Christians believed? or doesn't it matter if your farther from Him than you should be because a man tells you to do it "this way" or to believe something no in the Bible as being scripture?

How is telling you (they) what is different, what has been changed by fallible men, in a denomination so wrong? It helps you (they) to understand why there are so many denominations, and maybe, would encourage them to look more closely at what the Bible does teach.

You must have been speaking to one of the Mormon gods that happen to be in the area.

(Caps for emphasis only)
What is it called when I tell you EXACTLY what I was trying to do, that is, TELL YOU OR ANOTHER PERSON WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT SOMETHING CONCERING YOUR BELIEFS SO THAT YOU WILL KNOW and you refuse to accept MY EXPLANATION ABOUT IT as truth?
What is it called when SOMEONE CARES ENOUGH ABOUT A PAST RELATIONSHIP THAT HE DOES ALL HE CAN TO CORRECT THE MISUNDERSTANDING? Why do you think I've tolerated the verbal abuse from a one time friend?
As for people being different, why am I catching all this flack for being who I am? Wouldn't a friend try to help friends be closer to their God?
Budd

Because friends don't try to take away the rights of friends. Freedom of religion is a fundamental human right. It's a guarantee by our government for freedom of belief. Freedom of religion includes the freedom not to follow any religion and not to believe in any God. Why don't you get this? You have the right to think you are correct, but you DO NOT have the right to tell someone else they are wrong.
--
Ken