carb needed for 73

My favorite is stuck check balls in blind holes...fun fun...new carb time if it's too much fun...

Reply to
BigIronRam

Gawd, you make an awful lot of ASSUMPTIONS about people and things.

Me, I ask questions instead.

Btw, carb kits ARE still available.

One wild GUESS after another . . . wouldn't it be SMARTER on your part to ask questions and not GUESS???

Are you bringing religion into the thread? HEY, EVERYONE!!! T-BONE'S BRINGING RELIGION INTO THE THREAD.

And even more reason to ask and not make asssumptions, Tom. Maybe he wants to learn to rebuild carbs, maybe not. You CANNOT know for sure unless you ask.

Maybe it is beyond repair, maybe not, but don't guess, ask.

Btw, how many BRAND NEW carbs ( Holley or Carter) do you GUESS are being made for that vehicle today? Any carb he gets is probably going to be 30+ years old.

The gaskets are still available at Parts Plus, NAPA, and most other auto stores.

Yep. You?

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Assumptions are always made Budd as our language is not perfect. As for this case, if his carb was in rebuilable condition and he knew how to do it and the kits are available to him, why would he ask complete strangers to sell him another one that may turn out to be worse than the one he already has?

LOL, you might ask questions but the problem with you is that once you come up with an answer, it is the word of God, even when you are wrong and proven so.

Then it sounds more like a dead or missing unit.

Nope because it doesn't matter. He did not ask for an opinion and even if he did, my response was not to him anyway.

Actually Budd, I'm not. I am however, bringing your actions into it and how what you say is seldom what you do.

The point is Budd is that he didn't ask for an opinion or a diagnosis and my response was not to him.

Why should I? He did not ask for my opinion.

There are still after market carbs available as well as rebuilds of the factory models and as you say, being 30+ years old, they are getting harder to locate.

What does that have to do with anything? Just because they are available doesn't mean that the owner or multiple owners used them and cracking can come from other means than improper mounting.

I don't have to as I already am proficient there. Did you learn that increasing resistance does not increase current flow?

Reply to
TBone

Reply to
Bryan

Our language is fine, it's those that misuse it that have trouble.

And what did it hurt to ask him why couldn't it be rebuilt? If he had answered, knowledge, facts, truth would have been gained and wild guessing eliminated.

MORE RELIGIOUS CONTENT FROM T-BONE, PEOPLE.

How do you know? You didn't know the kits were still available.

I didn't think you'd be interested in asking questions . . .

Obviously you intent was to start an argument and try to drag religious content into it.

Wrong again.

No, it was another attempt to start an argument, as per your normal inclinations.

Nor did he ask for mine, but I did try to find out his exact needs, unlike you.

Aftermarket 4 barrels, not two barrel carbs. All two barrel carbs are rebuilds or remanufactrured (repaired to OEM specs).

Really? The only method I can think of is a wreck or using a hammer to "adjust" them.

Yep. You?

Bragging again, mr supermechanic?

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Huge difference between you and him Budd, (I am sure I am k/f'd by you as I am by Stormin Moron, because I am offensive) Tom is using the word God in part as an expresive statement, you on the other hand RAM it down everyone's throat.

If you want to play PKB, at least do it in the correct context.

Reply to
azwiley1

Hey, he can't see it and the bible doesn't mention it, so electricity doesn't exist.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

No, Larry, you're not K/F'd.

In the past, I've done nothing more than he has done in this thread and been ripped for it, time and time again.

Add to that that I've been "WARNED" by him and others about religious content in my threads and what will happen if I do.

Judge me by the same rules you use for others, if you dare.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

That is laughable, but that WAS THEN this is now.

That seem's only fair to me.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

That is incorrect Budd. You bring up scripture from the Bible and then tell us what to believe and that if we don't all follow your lead than we are wrong. There was none of that here. All I did was show your actions and how they don't conform to what you say you believe in. If you can't even follow what you say, how could you expect anyone else to take you seriously and this is in all things, not just religion.

Now it sounds like you were threatened and that is a load of crap. All I and others said that if you wish to force your religious beliefs on others, even after being ASKED not to, then expect probable negative reactions to it.

Agreed.

Reply to
TBone

And once again, you prove yourself wrong. If the language was perfect, it could not be misused.

It wouldn't hurt but as you can see, he never replied. The point is that he never asked for help with it, only if someone had one for sale. The reason that he wants it is his business.

Are you really this desperate? Using the word God hardly makes it religious content as I am not preaching or even giving my opinion on any religion. The fact that you could not address the point and instead tried to spin it into some lame religious accusation does no more than prove it to be fact. Thank you Budd.

I didn't bother to look. But I do know that most auto-parts stores will not carry it as it would be a class D part by now and he would have to order it, either at the store or on-line.

Not in this case and since the OP didn't answer yours, it seems that I had the correct decision here. He just wanted to know if the part was available in the private sector, not answer 20 questions.

I did no such thing Budd. Stop lying and blowing smoke. I brought no religious content into it at all. I simply pointed out that you don't follow your own words or claimed beliefs which is a fact clearly shown in this thread.

Yes, you are but don't worry, we are used to it by now.

assumptions

It was nothing more than an obvious observation by me. If an argument started over it, that was caused by you. You could have chosen to simply not respond.

Because once again, I didn't reply to him. You asked why he didn't rebuild his and I posted some obvious reasons why not.

Are you sure about that. There are also throttle body injection units available that look like and directly replace two barrel carbs.

How about ice Budd.

It is not bragging Budd but by your comment above I guess that you have learned something. Even if you are still not man enough to admit to even a simple error.

Reply to
TBone

Be careful or you too will get the accusation of bringing religious content into the thread.

Reply to
TBone

Naw, he knows better than to mess with me.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

So you change the rules? Figures.

But it won't happen

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

As Yogi Berra said, "Deja vue all over again."

You were just as wrong then as you are now.

Nope, you wont. You've already failed to do so.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Then you know less than you think you do.

Maybe the fact you jumped in with both fists swinging is the reason. You have a tendency to argue with me for the stupidest reasons. That could have just made him decide the group wasn't worth his time.

No, just don't want to be accused of inserting this type of content WHEN SOMEONE ELSE IS TO BLAME as has happened in the recent past.

I didn't answer the question because it was worded as to give a chance for more arguments about that topic.

Right. In a town 30 miles from the nearest Interstate, 120 miles from the nearest town of a population over 20,000, and I can walk into any of three parts stores and get the kits.

Oh, there you go with the mind reading again . . . .

I asked him a question., you started the argument.

As could have you.

Was it your place to do that, or his?

What the heck are you talking about?

Sorry, I use gasoline in my carbs, not water. Burns better in the cylinder.

Tom, you've screwed up so many times in comparison to my few times you'd be weeks apologizing them all.

Cya.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

No, Greg, you're wrong.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

I give up.

Given your attitude you are probably correct.

Reply to
Roy

Reply to
beekeep

When everybody on earth was dead and waiting to enter Paradise, God appeared and said, "I want the men to make two lines. One line for the men who were true heads of their household, and the other line for the men who were dominated by their women. I want all the women to report to St. Peter". Soon, the women were gone, and there were two lines of men. The line of the men who were dominated by their wives was 100 miles long, and in the line of men who truly were heads of their household, there was only Budd. God said, "You men should be ashamed of yourselves, I created you to be the head of your household! You have been disobedient and have not fulfilled your purpose! Of all of you, only one obeyed. Learn from him." God turned to Budd, "How did you manage to be the only one in this line?" Budd replied, "My wife told me to stand here.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep